Recent content by doug s.

1. doug s.

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

so you still think the best s/s tuna has the edge? what do you think of the mono/stereo sherwoods, when refurb'd, and the mono's feeding a good outboard s/s decoder? ever try a stromberg carlson sr443 or a pilot 580 or 680 w/an outboard decoder? all of these are right up there w/the hairy...
  2. doug s.

today, the philips ah673 is tuned in to the 89.3 wpfw sunday jazz programming. it sounds great, and i'm too lazy to reconnect the accuphase t1000, after i'd moved it out to make room the the philips. i needed its horizontal out to drive a fisher mpx100 someone wanted to buy. i had to make...
  3. doug s.

very nice! ever listen to, or work on one of the new accuphase t-1000/1100/1200 series? i wonder how it compares. doug s.
  4. doug s.

pic or it didn't happen! doug s.
  5. doug s.

Some Empire Turntable History

that's why i suggested contacting the seller; i'd be surprised if he wouldn't just sell you a base, for a bit less cash... doug s.
  6. doug s.

you might be interested in this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276043218816 and if you want something custom, different, etc, i think the seller will oblige... doug s.
  7. doug s.

what the other other doug said. is the 3rd doug the charm? :biggrin: doug s.
  8. doug s.

Fosi Audio ZA3 - Initial Review

me too! they've been powered on for about 90 minutes now; no serious listening done yet. at first, i thought i'd plug in the akliam lc2 op amps from the get-go, but i thought "what the hey", let me see what they sound like stock. i'm going to let 'em run for a day before i give 'em a serious...
  9. doug s.

re: op amps. (i know this is a fosi za3 thread, but...) on 23 jan, i ordered a pair of aiyima a07 max amps and four of these (discrete dual op amp iterations): https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804462226568.html everything just showed up today. they're warming to room temp before plug-in...
  10. doug s.

good to know; thanks! doug s.
  11. doug s.

i'm hoping they just need to be on, and not given a workout like new speakers sometimes need. because they'll likely never exceed 10w when in use... doug s.
  12. doug s.

Pionner F-26 service and/or owners manual

i'm always on the alert to help out the dwindling tuna fanatics out there. my first real piece of electronic gear was a pioneer sx-828 receiver, a long time ago and far far away. it got me thru jr high, high school, college and into my early professional years. the f-91 was my only taste of...
  13. doug s.

yes, that's weird - i listen to analog fm and internet radio on my main system. all this talk about these inexpensive 3225-based amps had me reading about them, and i just did something i rarely do - i bought new gear: two aiyima a07 max amps w/the 48v/5a (6.3a peak) power supplies, and four...
  14. doug s.

someone was interested in buying my long out-of-use fisher mpx100 decoder. so, a couple days ago, i got it out of storage, and warmed it up slowly on a variac. i gave it a whirl yesterday; i pulled the accuphase t1000 out of rotation, as it does not have an mpx out. the mpx-100 trial duties...
  15. doug s.

Pionner F-26 service and/or owners manual

i saw that; just posted it to the fmtunerinfo forum yesterday. ;) who has a user manual? doug s.
Back
Top Bottom