Recent content by dougt

1. D

Need some tips for re tipping a denon Mc cartridge

Joseph retipped my VDH MC-10 and Denon DL-103D and couldn't be happier!
  2. D

Would like to try a Tube pre Amp for Solid State Amps

Used an Anthem Pre-2L with an Odyssey Stratos amp for years. Great synergy.
  3. D

Omega Pro 501 Monitors

Different manufacturer.
  4. D

What Speakers Would You Recommend for a Dynaco ST-70?

Check out Omega speakers made in Norwalk, Ct. The owner Louis Chochos is a great guy to deal with. Single driver speakers that are super efficient. I'm running the Super 3i with my Scott 299A and HSU sub. Great synergy. https://omegaloudspeakers.com
  5. D

Completely surprised by old Pioneer PL-12D

My first TT was a PL-12 (pre-D) and put a Stanton 681EE in it with a Dyna SCA-35 with home built JBLs (D-208s and 075s with N7000s) in 1971. Great stuff for cheap back in the day!!!!!
  6. D

John Coltrane A Love Supreme Acoustic Sounds 33 1/3 vs Analogue Productions 45

Hey - Just received the new ALS on Verve/UMe. It's quite good. My rig is a Thorens TD-316 with a Van den HuI Special MC-10 cartridge. I have an original stereo and mono Impulse and it's not even close. The new release is amazing. My ears are 66 years old and this new release is killer. The price...
  7. D

500C vs MC240

I remember taking my SCA-35 to the Mac clinic at David Dean Smith in New Haven in 1970 and the readings were off the Mac standards as far as distortion. I wasn't dissuaded and am still enjoying that little guy today! Those were the days for sure!!!!
  8. D

Best Online Tube Vendor

I've good luck with these guys and they're fairly close by for quick delivery. https://www.vivatubes.com
  9. D

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Dynaco SCA-35, Scott 299A, Little Dot Mk 2 and a Sherwood S3000 tuner.
  10. D

Person willing to HH Scott 222-B restore/refurbish?

Agreed with Craig @ NOS Valves. Mike Urban of Urban Antique Radio & Vintage Hi-Fi in West Hartford is fairly close by. He's worked on my SCA-35 and Scott 299a. One of his guys lives in Stratford and you could coordinate a drop off and pick up with him.
Back
Top Bottom