Recent content by Dr Tone

1. D

McIntosh C47, turned it on AND all hell broke loose!

http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42668 The part about loosening the screws on the back and retightening them as indicated in post 4. I had the issue as well and it hasn't happened since.
  2. D

New C47, Love it so far, but some issues...help tweaking?

You don't upsample to make up missing information in low res, sheesh. You upsample because your software subjectively has a better sounding oversampling filter and you want to use it and bypass the oversampling filtering in the DAC.
  3. D

Is Tidal in trouble?

I pay extra for Qobuz mostly to not support MQA in any way but ended up gettiing the bonus of a better Jazz catalog. Win win!
  4. D

One thing you sold that you regret

My Klon guitar pedal. No stereo equipment.
  5. D

New McIntosh MC611

@joeinid no more posting about new products until McIntosh announces the new single box,analog,solid state, truly balanced dual mono preamp. Put your foot down!
  6. D

New DAC vs using current CD Player

I have not expertise in that price range nor have I heard your existing unit. Sorry. The cheapest DAC on my recommended list is the Ayre Codex, but I don't think you can get it used for your budget unfortunately. Maybe $1000.
  7. D

I'd take your word for it if I could find 1 review or one more person other than yourself that thought it was awesome. I now see it's something made in your home country and probably easily accessible to you. Good on you for promoting it.
  8. D

What's wrong with me - new digital vs vintage analog

I can see it happening. With the labels audibly watermarking digital downloads and streaming content along with pushing MQA, CDs will become the holy grail.
  9. D

@Galaxie500xl what is your budget? If you can push it up there, I'd try the new Schiit Yggdrasil with it's new Analog 2 board. $2399.00. Qobuz is coming to the US sometime in the middle of this year if you want hi-res streaming. Not other services offer true high res at this point.
  10. D

Trying DACs with the Creek as a transport is the right move IMO.
  11. D

Bass Response

What is your budget?
  12. D

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

My favourites are != some form of metal.
  13. D

Do you have something other than the SHM-SACD? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-9513 Sorry to the OP for going off topic on this one.
  14. D

FWIW: The DVD-A is 2002 I believe. The SHM-SACDs are sourced from the Orb remasters from 2011, so I don't think they are the same master.
  15. D

MC1.25KW - no ordinary amps, thank you McIntosh!

I think there is room between the C52 and the C1100 for a single box true dual mono solid state analog preamp.
Back
Top Bottom