Recent content by Dr.Turner

1. Dr.Turner

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Love - Forever Changes [1967] UK, MONO Elektra - EKL 4013 Out-of-the-box: one of my infamous 5-desert-island-LPs (probably in the top 3, also)...I can never get enough of "Alone Again Or - A House Is Not A Motel - Andmoreagain" three coach dope train. BTW it seems the first four songs are...
  2. Dr.Turner

Pablo Casals - Festival Casals De Puerto Rico [1957] US, Columbia Masterworks - ML 5237 Out-of-the-box: Mozart - Quartet In E-Flat Major For Piano And String, K. 493*, Schubert - Sonata In A Minor For Violin And Piano, Op. 137, No. 2 .
  3. Dr.Turner

The Nighthawks - Open All Nite [1976] US, Adelphi Records - AD 4105 Out-of-the-box: raw and bare-bones old scholl rock blues, sprinkled with whiffs of the punk vibe all over the place in '76. .
  4. Dr.Turner

Kate & Anna McGarrigle - Kate & Anna McGarrigle [1975] US, Warner Bros. Records - BS 2862 Out-of-the-box: folk rock from a Quebec duo, beautiful rendition of Ronstadt's multicovered Heart Like a Wheel. .
  5. Dr.Turner

Dan Gillmor & Doug McClaran - Road Apple [1974] US, Fretless - 5000 Freshly out-of-the-box: orchestrated folk + pop ballads, with acoustic instruments on a forgotten Vermont indie label. Cover and labels embellished by "Dover Free Library, Dover, Vermont" .
  6. Dr.Turner

The Siegel-Schwall Band - 953 West [1973] US, Wooden Nickel Records - BWL1-0121 Freshly out-of-the-box: a tribute to a Chicago venue, from a Chicago band on a Chicago label. .
  7. Dr.Turner

Hamilton Camp - Paths Of Victory [1964] US, Elektra - EKS-7278 Freshly out-of-the-box: contains the original version of Pride of Man, which I loved on the first QMS album. .
  8. Dr.Turner

Detective - It Takes One To Know One [1977] US, Swan Song - SS 8504, promo Freshly out-of-the-box: serious 70's rock on Jimmy Page label, high production value. To me, a real surprise! .
  9. Dr.Turner

Yes Sir! Twentytwo LPs and ten 7", double boxed for safety. 90 bucks shipping to Italy! This time mostly minor nuggets I was looking for ages. Some pics later on... Today I was planning to fix my Proton AT-570 tuner, but I'm all on the package...listening-listenig-listening! .
  10. Dr.Turner

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

This week is Sanyo Plus T35 tuner time! From 1980, it has 4 gangs and 4 filters, Wide/Narrow IF band selection, three levels of FM Muting. It's notable for the digital frequency display, travelling with the analog needle dial pointer. A real eye-candy! Still tuned on Rai Radio 3 Classica FM...
  11. Dr.Turner

A 14 pounds meteorite landed from the East Coast yesterday. Let's crack into it!
  12. Dr.Turner

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - East-West [1966] US, MONO, Elektra - EKL 315, in shrink .
  13. Dr.Turner

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band [1966] US, MONO, Elektra - EKL 294 .
  14. Dr.Turner

Hawkwind - Independent Days [1984] UK - 10" compilation, Flicknife Records - X SHARP 019 Including the original demo of "Hurry on Sundown" first HW recording ever with Nik Turner and a rough version of "Motorhead" (Hawkwind as bare trio, labelled as -HW the way it shoul have been-...) .
  15. Dr.Turner

Roy Buchanan - Roy Buchanan [1972] US, Polydor - PD 5033 A Telecaster carnival! .
Back
Top Bottom