Recent content by drfous

1. drfous

Sansui Q-16 refurb

Same here. I can't even find info on these Noblecon caps. Assuming they are paper in oil, what's the view of 60+ year old caps?
  2. drfous

New Sansui 2000x - boomy and thin?

Boomy and thin can also be the room. Do you have experience with these same speakers in this same room with a different amp?
  3. drfous

Sansui Q-16 refurb

Some pics
  4. drfous

Sansui Q-16 refurb

I've had 1 of the mono amps for a couple of years and finally found it's brother. So I'm looking to start the rehab. If anyone has any info on these amps, I'd appreciate any input. They are push-pull EL84s. The electrolytics are mostly "Nobelcon T.V. 1200". I've found 1 Elna so far. Anyone...
  5. drfous

Allo DigiOne Signature player

Can I ask what battery setup you are using there? Thx
  6. drfous

Sansui Seven Rehab

Here's the bigger list with caps. a little hard to read with all the columns. I'd caution against using my list of WIMA - many of them were too large or leads too short. This was my first time using them and I should have done more homework on their configuration options. Tom - I just went...
  7. drfous

Sansui Seven Rehab

a lot
  8. drfous

Sansui Seven Rehab

Using the Seven power amp section with a Schiit Freya tube pre. wow. Really terrific combination. The biggest improvement I’ve noted is the sound stage is much more 3D. The bass extension is significantly improved as well.
  9. drfous

Another 9090 Recap Restore

I will definitely do more research before I make a decision on the outputs. Greater output really isn't a issue for this amp. I can't hardly turn the volume much past 9 o'clock.
  10. drfous

On the outputs, my assumption is that newer components would be lower noise with greater output and reliability. If I'm giving up sound quality, that would make me reconsider.
  11. drfous

Multi turn pots for sure on the driver board. Thinking about replacing the outputs and other signal path transistors.
  12. drfous

Simple enough. Thx Need to start the parts list. lol
  13. drfous

Thanks for the advice. One board at a time is definitely the plan of attack. It worked well for the Seven I did a couple of months back. I have a variac, isolation transformer and DBT. Have been using all of those. Diodes is a big question for me. I have no working knowledge of what's a...
  14. drfous

First, any advice welcome! I'm going to start down the path of recapping and restoring a 9090 I've had for a few years. Everything on it works and sounds great, but given it's age I think the sound will benefit from a recap and maybe prevent any issues down the road. I've watched XRayTonyB's...
  15. drfous

Ultimate Step-down transformer? (120v to 100v)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Step-Down-Transformer-Model-TSD-15U-100V-Output/133140950425?hash=item1effd1ad99:g:X0MAAOSwOWNdUcCy
Back
Top Bottom