Recent content by driph

1. driph

A/D/S B7 tweaking

@soundmotor, since the cabinets are missing the original tweeters and I have to replace both anyway, do you feel that any of the other ADS tweeter models would be a good match for the B7s, or should I stick with the 206-0122s?
  2. driph

A/D/S B7 tweaking

The 206-0125 seems to work well enough and didn't seem out of place when listening, but the other B7 cabinet had the magnet removed from its tweeter (I had no idea until I got it home from the thrift store and starting troubleshooting, as the dome is still sitting on the plate), so I'm guessing...
  3. driph

A/D/S B7 tweaking

Thanks soundmotor! For future reference, here's an image of the oddball 206-0125 tweeter: 206-0125 by driph posted May 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM Looks like it's time to hunt down a pair of 206-0122s.
  4. driph

Las Vegas Area

Thanks for posting, we should all start sharing solid audio finds we come across but don't take home. For the tape folk, there's an AKAI GXC-730D at the Goodwill on Nellis. Looks clean, didn't test.
  5. 206-0125

206-0125

Actually an ads 206-1025, or did someone get sloppy with the label?
  6. driph's stuff

driph's stuff

7. driph

Anyone know about this Panasonic RA-6600receiver?

Hah, interesting mod, would love to hear more about your changes to the meters.
  8. driph

A/D/S B7 tweaking

Jonesy, how'd your B7 tweaks end up going? I'm curious, what tweeters are installed in yours? I recently picked up a pair that needs a replacement tweeter, but the one working example is a 206-0125, a model number I've been completely unable to find info on. Even soundmotor's useful post a...
  9. driph

Discharge Caps before working?

Yeah, considering buying two (there are a handful of ebay sellers offering the same product for ~$10 shipped) and tearing one apart to see what the guts are, just because there's pretty much no information about the things online. From what I gather, they are intended for discharging camera...
  10. driph

Discharge Caps before working?

Or for a bit less than $15, and with a bonus LED included, would something like this be sufficient? http://www.lightinthebox.com/repair-tools-sparkpen-capacitor-discharge-pen-for-camera-mobile-phone-home-appliances_p1192568.html (not much luck digging up specifics on the sparkpen, but here's...
  11. driph

Little Bear Tube Phono Pre??

Such an informative thread, huge thanks to everyone for figuring out how to squeeze the most out of these things. I'm gonna order one today and see how it goes. Related question, has anyone paired the Little Bear phono preamp with Little Bear's other preamps or amps? Too bad they don't have a...
Back
Top Bottom