Recent content by DrRobocop

1. DrRobocop

McIntosh 2105 Bridge Rectifier Mounting

Thanks for the additional explanation. I ended up being able to brute force them out with a pair of pliers and a flat head screwdriver. However putting in the new diodes will certainly require more finesse. I’ll try the vice and washer method. That sounds like a clever way to do it. Thanks again!
  2. DrRobocop

McIntosh 2105 Bridge Rectifier Mounting

Hello, It sound like you have some experience with a similar issue I'm having. I'm trying to replace the 1n3492r and 1n3492 diodes in my mc2105. I was able to source new press fit diodes from digikey. However I am at a complete loss on how to remove the old diodes from the metal brackets...
  3. DrRobocop

Power transformer replacement question.

Thanks for all your help! I'm still trying to contact sun audio. Others have seemed to have luck with repeated contact. However, If this path proves impossible I'll likely follow your helpful recommendation BuzzK.
  4. DrRobocop

Thanks for your reply! Still nothing from Sun Audio. I plan to fax them and call them today. I reached out to Tamura, but haven't heard back yet. I actually did reach out to Devin Turnbull but he replied that Sun audio will not sell transformers only. It seems the support on these amps from...
  5. DrRobocop

Hi, Did you ever find a spt-150a? I’m in a somewhat similar situation and am hoping to find the 120v transformer. I emailed sun audio multiple times but they never replied to any of my inquiries. Can you please let me know if you resolved your situation? And if so where did you purchase from...
  6. DrRobocop

MC2105 blowing fuses

Thanks all for your recommendations and information! Your feedback is incredibly valuable. While checking I found that one of the output transistors was shorted (probably more were, but I didn't check all of them). So I went ahead and replaced all 12 with MJ15003G transistors. After I plugged...
  7. DrRobocop

MC2105 blowing fuses

Thanks so much Bob. I'll connect a dim bulb tester and start checking. My first stop will be the rectifiers (2 1N3492 and 2 1N3492R ) on the filter caps. I may even just replace them anyway. Would the original diodes be preferred (looks like they are still available) or would the...
  8. DrRobocop

MC2105 blowing fuses

Hello all, I recently acquired a cosmetically very good condition MC2105. When I first attempted to turn the unit on nothing lit up, but the meters did a weak "bump" and then went back to resting. There was no function after that. I then proceeded to replace the filter caps (triple checked...
  9. DrRobocop

Marantz 2275 distortion, both channels

Hi all, Thanks so much for getting back to me, I've been traveling and haven't been checking in regularly.. I'm unsure if the problem existed prior to recapping, there was a channel that kept going out (I don't remember which one, maybe it was the left one?) out so I decided I would proceed...
  10. DrRobocop

Marantz 2275 distortion, both channels

Hi all, I've recently, extensively, recapped the filter caps, amp boards, power supply, and preamp boards of my 2275. I get what often sounds like "good sound" from both channels, but when playing music emphasizing higher frequency sounds such as piano music, chimes, classical, etc... I get...
  11. DrRobocop

2275 weak right channel

I know this was like 12 years ago, but thanks for helping me with my issue! same exact problem and remedy. Cheers!
  12. DrRobocop

MARANTZ 2275 P700 high bias

Hi, Thanks so much for your reply! I wanted to follow up as I found the issue and hopefully the next person to run into this problem may benefit from my mistake. It turns out h713 and 714 are the culprit. I had replaced them with MJE15030 and MJE15031 respectively. These run at higher...
  13. DrRobocop

MARANTZ 2275 P700 high bias

Hi again all, I'm having trouble identifying a problem leading to a high bias on my p700 boards. I couldn't find thread with a solution to this issue. I recently replaced all of the capacitors (film, 'lytics, and ceramic), transistors (big, medium and small), the big round outputs, and...
  14. DrRobocop

Marantz 2275 Power Switch Plastic Shaft/Plunger broken

Hi all, I just wanted to thank you all again and follow up on my repair. The operation was a success! I did have to modify the new switch shaft to fit by shortening it a bit and adding a slope to the end (using sandpaper) so that it would interact with the power switch appropriately...
  15. DrRobocop

Marantz 2275 PE 01 Board, Pin 5 - Red wire disconnected?

Hi all, Perfect. Thanks so much for your help! I reattached the red wire to j804 and everything seems to be working!
Back
Top Bottom