drtool's Recent Activity

1. drtool liked Redboy's post in the thread Redboy's setup from the audio underground.

Been awhile since I posted in this thread... Quite honestly, not much has changed in the main system over the past two years. I still...

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM
  2. drtool liked Bill Ferris's post in the thread Please show your pics of tube amps.

And now for the rest, plus where the rotation tubers reside during their 3 month exercise.. And the Mac C22 that drives the rotational...

DSCN0121.JPG DSCN0114.JPG DSCN0111.JPG DSCN0110.JPG DSCN0098.JPG DSCN0013.JPG Apr 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM
  3. drtool liked leftside's post in the thread Please show your pics of tube amps.

This is my "go big or go home headphone amp". After trying multiple headphone amps and lot's of tube rolling, I said this would be my...

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:01 PM
  4. drtool liked PakProtector's post in the thread Please show your pics of tube amps.

[IMG] This is a Class A, PP monoblock. 6CB5A power tubes, EL84 signal tubes, and 866A rectifiers. Power is 20W each. Last seen in...

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:56 PM
  5. drtool liked Snow's post in the thread Ballantyne MX24D Amps.

STOP WHAT? First off pics online can be used freely by anyone. I never said the pic of the amps I shown in my first post were mine they...

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:21 PM
  6. drtool replied to the thread Misdirected and confused.

+ 3 on the LPS we had a shoot out with good old stock and nos. The LPS one hands down. I know how you feel Ned.At this point in the...

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM
  7. drtool liked arts's post in the thread Misdirected and confused.

I know how you feel Ned.At this point in the game,unless I just ''happen upon'' some NOS in person,I won't waste my money.I firmly...

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:13 PM
  8. drtool replied to the thread Hey did you know that if you bias your tube amp it works better!.

sKiZo can you post your build thread link. The more I look at what you did the more I go... that just rocks on so many levels. Not up to...

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:48 PM
  9. drtool liked srb02's post in the thread Please show your pics of tube amps.

[ATTACH] :music: My baby. KT150 SE UL.

amp1.JPG Apr 27, 2017 at 4:37 PM
  10. drtool replied to the thread Single Speaker Mono Setup on Stereo System.

Some where on the web there is a Y not to Y. Or maybe to Y or not to Y. I read it 10+ years ago. Cliff notes ok to split the signal but...

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:19 PM
  11. drtool liked arts's post in the thread Why did the receiver war of the 70s end?.

The advent of ''home theater'' really sounded the death knell for the top of the line monster receivers,and the hefty price tags they...

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:12 PM
  12. drtool liked leftside's post in the thread Please show your pics of tube amps.

I unpacked and setup this headphone amp today. It's pretty big for a headphone amp. Bigger than my McIntosh 7270 (but not quite as heavy...

FullSizeRender[1]_1.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg IMG_0649.JPG Apr 27, 2017 at 1:50 PM
  13. drtool liked arts's post in the thread Maybe if it was THE actual one from the movie....

Saw that yesterday.In my opinion,it's just another case of ''Delusional Seller Syndrome'',which seems to be becoming more common...

Apr 26, 2017 at 5:50 PM