drtool's Recent Activity

1. drtool liked Mister Pig's post in the thread So I Decided It Was Time to Learn How To View My Own Styli.

So the seller that had the original scope I posted told me that scope was not suitable for looking at cartridges. His recommendation was...

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:04 PM
  2. drtool liked Mister Pig's post in the thread So I Decided It Was Time to Learn How To View My Own Styli.

The last time I was over at Andy Kims, I got to look at the stylus on my Ortofon Winfeld. I have been thinking it would be nice to be...

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM
  3. drtool liked GChief's post in the thread st-70 little boomy with room mics.

Guess you haven't really researched room treatments much yet. Plenty-o-non black 1/2" foam stuff out there.

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM
  4. drtool liked gadget73's post in the thread st-70 little boomy with room mics.

Evict the people that are talking. sounds like room problems, I'd be looking at some means to absorb reflections.

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:10 PM
  5. drtool liked slafferty's post in the thread Tronola article on a new, high-end, vacuum tube analyzer project.

Many thanks, Adam. Yeah, my shot at making it "like HP might have done" was mostly in terms of accuracy, range and flexibility. I did go...

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM
  6. drtool replied to the thread Marantz 8B help needed!.

I can not wait till I get to that level of BAD. :)

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:05 PM
  7. drtool liked BuzzK's post in the thread Marantz 8B help needed!.

Wow, whomever worked on that did a real hatchet job! So sorry . . . ;-)

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  8. drtool liked Pio1980's post in the thread Marantz 8B help needed!.

Mine is mostly original, except front end caps, elyticaps, bias rectifier, and two screen stoppers.[ATTACH]

M8 Interior2.jpg Dec 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  9. drtool liked Redboy's post in the thread 2a3 amp mono blocks.

The real value in a Bottlehead kit, in my opinion, is the set of good instructions that come with it. Getting everything you need in...

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:30 AM
  10. drtool liked arts's post in the thread st-70 cost of operation.

I am going to take this to be a Dynaco ST70. Eico also made an ST70. To determine the power consumption just refer to the manual. In...

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM
  11. drtool liked mhardy6647's post in the thread 2a3 amp mono blocks.

Ron Welborne ended up making a lot of enemies due to allegations of some (very) questionable business practices. What country are you...

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:07 PM
  12. drtool liked arts's post in the thread Anyone ever have CaptainFantastic work done - guy is jerk off.

I happily work on ''fucked up stuff''. And let me tell you,I bill accordingly.Are you willing to pay the price? Most people are not.And...

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:44 PM
  13. drtool liked peterh's post in the thread Back to Tube amp so .. Dynaco or Yaqin ?.

Or buy an VTA-70 from tubes4hifi. A reborn Dynaco built with todays technology. http://www.tubes4hifi.com/ST70.htm

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM
  14. drtool replied to the thread Ear Maintenance & Cleaning?.

Mccalljd I have done that and it worked.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM