drtool's Recent Activity

1. drtool liked nj pheonix's post in the thread Fresh Off the Workbench: Magnamutt II Integrated Tube Amplifier.

I like it:thumbsup: Remember the tv commercial? Quasar by motorola This is Magnamutt by Gordon

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:56 PM
  2. drtool liked arts's post in the thread Sometimes its nice to be senile.

Ah yes,those infamous words, ''I'll just put these somewhere safe''. I seem to have one hell of a collection of Norton pistons (and many...

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:49 PM
  3. drtool liked multichamp12's post in the thread Fisher 80-C Restoration.

I got the 2nd selenium rectifier replaced today. Instead of using 4 diodes mounted on a terminal strip, I opted for a bridge rectifier...

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:46 PM
  4. drtool liked asilker's post in the thread 2a3 Bottlehead Stereomour II + klipschorn.

Both khorns and 2a3 amps hold value well. Get them together and try it... If it doesn't sound right it will be relatively easy to recoup...

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM
  5. drtool liked njcanuck's post in the thread 2a3 Bottlehead Stereomour II + klipschorn.

I still have my 2A3 Paramours that are driving a pair of Hornshoppe horns. Will not ever be selling them! :thumbsup:

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM
  6. drtool liked volvogv's post in the thread Volume Control Potentiometer.

If you do have a bad pot, check with Mark Opat, a fellow forum member. He has a good stock of NOS parts. Steady hiss though is caused by...

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:14 PM
  7. drtool liked s-petersen's post in the thread Dynaco Mark IV to Scott 290.

I have to get a good brake before I bend another one, I have the sheer. I bought the aluminum chassis, because Garey did an Awesome job...

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:57 PM
  8. drtool attached a file to the thread Question about red plating. H.H. Scott 290.

On a side note. Are your tubes fan cooled. I like mine to see the sky.[ATTACH]

SAM_0587.JPG Feb 16, 2018 at 8:53 PM
  9. drtool liked rxonmymind's post in the thread How to Ship a turntable safely.

Bought a record cleaner. Watched the UPS driver roll the box up the driveway....filed a claim that hour and got it approved etc...

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:49 PM
  10. drtool liked Dingman's post in the thread How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers.

I play around with Marantz - Klipsch upstairs. [ATTACH]

Marantz Stack JP 01b.jpg Feb 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM
  11. drtool liked Coytee's post in the thread How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers.

Single Crown K2 dedicated to each front speaker. (two K2's for front speakers) 3rd K2 for Danley DTS-10 dbx BX-3 for LaScalas...

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM
  12. drtool liked Retrovert's post in the thread Just Built Pete Millett's "Engineers Amp".

TV tubes are great for audio as long as you're listening to the sound and not the stamp on the side of the envelope. The disadvantage,...

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:31 PM
  13. drtool liked Leben's post in the thread How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers.

I’m currently listening to Heresys powered by a SE 6v6 integrated built by GordonW. A sweet combo.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:18 PM
  14. drtool liked GChief's post in the thread How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers.

There is always room! I live in a 398sqft Tiny House and have mine in one of the lofts. [ATTACH] Who would of thunk KG4’s would work...

0DF47AFA-F637-4E4A-AA6B-172B949091A2.jpeg Feb 15, 2018 at 9:17 PM
  15. drtool liked GordonW's post in the thread Where the old tube amps underpowered?.

The thing that somewhat "saves" low power tube amps, is the fact that due to the lower level of global feedback, they can be run closer...

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:50 PM