Recent content by dudefromla

1. D

Total soldering rookie needs help.

I'm going to be changing caps in a pair of KLH Twenty Threes recently given to me and as I am a total soldering newbie and have some questions to ask if anybody can help. Do I completely have to remove the connecting wire from the old cap or can I just cut it and connect the new cap wire to it...
  2. D

KLH Twenty Threes more help needed.

Thats what I was thinking, thanks.
  3. D

Not yet, it's a little late here so I thought after work tomorrow I will switch out receviers and see if that helps.
  4. D

So as I posted before I was given a set of KLH TwentyThree speakers and I noticed that the left side speaker sounds muffled, the right sounds alive. I haven't done any of the maintenance suggested by others but I have purchased the caps and dope to do the cloth surrounds so I am just wondering...
  5. D

KLH cloth surround sealer

Yes just found it on the auction site, thanks all for the help
  6. D

Thanks, that's who I went to and it said the product was no longer available.
  7. D

it was suggested that I reseal the woofer cloth surrounds on a pair of KLH Twenty Threes thst were recently given to me with the suggestion thst I contact AK member whose store is AR Parts but it appears this product is no longer available. Does anybody have any other suggestions for purchasing...
  8. D

KLH Twenty Threes Wow!

Ok guys thanks for all the advice on doing this. I'll update when I complete or screw it up and need help.
  9. D

KLH Twenty Threes Wow!

What are the alternatives to glued? Do I access the crossover by removing the woofer?
  10. D

KLH Twenty Threes Wow!

Well as I've never attempted anything but replacing the surrounds on a speaker I guess I'll have to look for a tutorial on doing thst type of maintenence and buy a soldering iron.
  11. D

KLH Twenty Threes Wow!

Thanks guys. No there haven't been any mods done to these speakers and from other posts I have read here there are two schools of thought. 1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it with the accompanying posts stating that doing the mods lessened the sound quality. 2. Do the mods and you will see a...
  12. D

At a crossroads. Leaving the hobby?

I agree with what some say about "burn out" especially as we get older (I'm 66). And I also agree with those who say walk away for awhile. Of course our current situation has forced us to walk away from some of our other interests, concerts, plays, sports, movies, etc. and I admit I really miss...
  13. D

Michael Stanley has died

Discovered Michael Stanley almost 50 yrs ago with the LP You Break It You Bought It and got to see him at the Roxy in L.A. when they opened for Pure Prarie League. RIP
  14. D

KLH Twenty Threes Wow!

Last weekend a co-worker gave me a pair of KLH Twenty Threes so I hooked them up last night and all I can say is WOW! This being my first set of KLH speakers I have no reference point except my other speaker's Advent 5002's Dynaco A-25 Klipsch SC-1 Polk M5 jr+ So I think I have some good...
  15. D

AU-990?

Thanks guys I will clarify the model number. These same folks just gave me a set of KLH Model Twenty Threes that folks seem to like I'll post again when I get more info.
Back
Top Bottom