Recent content by Dudeman7

1. Dudeman7

Marantz speaker opinions please.

The Imperial 6 would be on my short list if I could only have one pair of speakers. They sound great with a lot of different source material and listening to them is always an engaging experience.
  2. Dudeman7

Using Subwoofers or Large Woofers with Stand Mount Speakers for improved lower frequencies

Me too. I'm using subs in two separate systems. One has one subwoofer and the other has two. Huge improvement in the performance of my single sub, bookshelf speaker system. The mids sound much better as a result of the bookshelves not straining to reproduce the low end. I have the crossover...
  3. Dudeman7

Marantz speaker opinions please.

Marantz and JBL seem like a well-liked, classic pairing of receiver and speakers. It's the sound of the 70's for lots of people. FWIW, I've been quite impressed with the Imperial line from Marantz. There may be "better" speakers out there but the Imperial 5-Gs I own and the Imperial 6s a...
  4. Dudeman7

Sony PS-X7. Worthwhile in 2024?

Thanks for that. In your opinion, do you think it would be worth over 5 bills in original, not restored condition?
  5. Dudeman7

Thanks all. I appreciate the input. Without getting into the specifics of cost, I will say that the seller is asking several hundred for this one. That being the case, if the PS-X7 isn't a huge improvement over what I've got, I'll likely pass. Cheers!
  6. Dudeman7

There is a Sony PS-X7 for sale locally and it seems to be in very good condition. The seller says that everything works but I suspect that this unit hasn't been serviced. After reading the threads here regarding the auto functions breaking down and speed issues, as well as the feet needing to...
  7. Dudeman7

WHY Do People Purchase BPC and such

When I was a teenager in the 90's, my dad bought a Pioneer receiver, a 6-disc Pioneer CD player and three pairs of Bose 301 speakers. That was the first "real" stereo I had heard. Before that, it was all Walkmans and crappy, all-in-one boomboxes. Funny enough, he is still using that gear today...
  8. Dudeman7

Carousel type cd changers

Over the years, I've had a few carousel CD changers. In fact, I'm listening to an Integra changer right now. Sounds terrific and works flawlessly for about 6 years now with daily use. I've had Technics, Sony and Onkyo carousel changers and a Pioneer magazine cartridge changer. This Integra is...
  9. Dudeman7

Jamo Speakers

A friend of mine has a pair of Jamo Concert 8s. They sound very, very good. I would buy a pair in a second if I came across a good deal on them locally.
  10. Dudeman7

CD laser lens tweak (black marker?)

This is interesting to me. Do you recall if it was a specific type of marker? Would any black marker do? Also, I would think that the size of the clear part of the lens in the center would be significant to get right.
  11. Dudeman7

Dual 1019..all quiet

That's great! Dual 1019 is still my favorite turntable I've owned and I use it daily. Once restored, these things just run and sound great doing it. Congrats on the successful save!
  12. Dudeman7

Headphone advice

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. They are around $150-$160 new. They have healthy bass response that gives you the impression that you can feel it in your whole body. Very detailed and clear, too. I use them in my home studio for tracking bass and drums and they never disappoint. The tracks I record...
  13. Dudeman7

tried HT speakers on my HiFi...somewhat surprised.

Those KLH brand revive speakers are terrific. I didn't have quite enough space for the Kendalls so I bought the KLH Quincy instead. (The Quincys are slightly smaller than the Kendalls and only have one woofer. They reportedly sound very similar to the Kendall. In fact, some reviews said they...
  14. Dudeman7

Dynaco A-25 New Replacement Woofer

Bottom vent. They are also not a mirror image pair. I just spoke with the owner this weekend and he said he thinks the sound is opening up a bit with use. He is very happy with the way they sound. Very warm, rich and non-fatiguing, just like Dynaco A-25s should be. I have a single, orphan A-25...
Back
Top Bottom