Recent content by DVjorge

1. DVjorge

Monitor Audio Silver S2 speakers sound bad

I know this is an old post already but I want to speak favoring the Silver S2. I own two pairs and they are the best bookshelf I have ever owned. I have sold many bookshelf to keep these MA S2. Those B&W 602 S2 you see in my member picture were sold to keep the S2. I have them connected to my...
  2. DVjorge

Denon POA-2200 question ?

Hi everyone, My Denon POA-2200 power amp has two set of RCA jack inputs, however, it doesn't have any front panel input selector. I want to connect two different sources to it, one is a tube preamp and the other a ss preamp. Can I do it ?? Does the amp work not matter if I use any of these...
  3. DVjorge

Removing the AM-FM circuit from main board AV-receiver improve the sound??

Hi all, Just reading some Denon 3802 AV-receiver reviews, I found one guy who removed the AM-FM circuit from the main board claiming a huge improve in sound quality ?? I really can not find any technical explanation for this and would like to know what do you think. Thanks Here is the review...
  4. DVjorge

Receivers vs Integrated

Hello Pioneer Lovers, I am looking for some opinions about Vintage Pioneer units. What do you think sound better receivers or integrated ? Some people say Pioneer receivers sound different than their integrated amplifiers, so I would like to know what do you like more. Thanks.!
  5. DVjorge

Top 10 holy grail cassette decks?

AKAI GX-95 REFERENCE MASTER... one of the best deck ever.!
  6. DVjorge

NO KIDDING.! Thrift Store find...!! $49.00

Sansui AU-919 AND TU-919 Mint condition.. $49.00
  7. DVjorge

Pick of the day.! Monitor Audio Bronze B2

Hi all, things still happen in Thrift Stores. I found these Monitor Audio Bronze B2 $8.00 each. There also were a pair of Mission 700 I left there. $8.00 each too. Both pair mint condition.! I couldn't left the MA, even having 5 pair already.
  8. DVjorge

What's with hooking up 4 speakers anyway?

The question here is having an integrated amplifier or receiver with speakers A, B, and A+B selection. How the amplifier sees the load if speakers are hooked on A and B and you select A+B to play. I am not sure if it means a 4 ohm load to the amplifier ?? Can someone clarify it ?? It makes...
  9. DVjorge

A 2018 gift for JBL lovers.!

http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/jbl-releases-updated-iconic-jbl-l100-speakers
  10. DVjorge

Exotic speakers!

This is another beauty.
  11. DVjorge

Exotic speakers!

I don't know why but many of us like speakers more than any other component. This happens to me and many of my friends in this hobby. I can see a cd player, an amplifier, a pre-amp, etc, and admire and value them but nothing steal more my love that a good set of speakers. I found some pictures I...
  12. DVjorge

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

http://novo.press/the-pros-and-cons-of-ribbon-tweeters/
  13. DVjorge

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

I agree with your thought about the MA C-CAM tweeters. I own the Silver S2 bookshelf and the tweeters sound really good.
Back
Top Bottom