Recent content by E-rock

1. E

Kenwood ka3500 distortion both channels

IIwhtt, You are correct once the turntable was connected so hum. Don't know if that is a ghost but will not chase further. 3500 is working well. Thanks to all who helped me!
  2. E

No I was thinking there was a broken ground at rca so just grounded the jack to see if there was any change. I will look for panasonic fc for the 330 uf caps. I bought some KME 330 uf caps local but not sure on them. I assume that since the other sources are 0k no noise that it's something in...
  3. E

I have not replaced the other caps in power supply yet. 330uf 35v. Have been getting together a list for the pre amp etc to get rid of the phono noise. I will try to replace the 330 uf first. Is there a certain type these need to be or does it matter? Audio grade or? I put nichicon kg gold fw...
  4. E

I did deoxit all the switches when I started the repairs. Will check solder joints. Tried jumper to rca phono ground there was no change. Just wondering if there was a section to look at.
  5. E

Will try. I know that makes a difference on one of my turntables if it's flipped but this is amp only no turntable plugged in and just switching to phono with nothing plugged in all other inputs silent just phono hum. Must be in the phono pre amp area?
  6. E

One issue came up. When I press the phone button no turntable hooked up I get low 60 Hz hum? When I shut the amp off the hum increases until psu is depleted. This does not happen on other inputs just phono.
  7. E

Ok, It was c29 cap she sings like a bird! I will now replace the other caps and diodes since its on the bench. One channel is 60 mv bias and the other 5mv This is non adjustable how would I go about dropping it down to 5mv like the other channel? It does sound pretty good right now.
  8. E

Ok, Checked the dbt on two others amps and I'm thinking the test capacitors had a problem since the bulb glowed very dim with the originals in place. That being said if it was a wrong fuse( forgot to check) it should have not passed the bulb test if there was a short. At this point hoping...
  9. E

So I had a pair of 4700 63 v sitting around. Don't know their health but hooked up and bulb tested 100 watt bulb. The bulbs glowed not bright but not dim may be 15 watts. The voltages on both caps were like 18v At least they were equal not sure on the bulb glow.... Used the dbt on my...
  10. E

So, Pulled both 6800 uf caps and just tested resistance. C30 was 0.000 ohms C29 was 2.9 m ohms I will search for replacements. Assuming the above indicates a problem. Nichicon gold FW 6800uf 63v or ? Thanks again to All getting closer.......
  11. E

I thought the two 6800 uf caps are the filter caps we already tested correct? Are they tested in dc not ac?
  12. E

Ok Replaced the bridge rectifier no go same readings. I did remove de2 and seam to test fine. My meter won't test 6800uf on the cap but removed ce29 and will test. Any other thoughts?
  13. E

Understand. Will replace and update.
  14. E

Don't know if the Bridge is bad? Here are the readings out of circuit.
  15. E

Copy the previous, I did not see the pin markings as it was dust bunny city on top of the rectifier. Rectifier legs were black..... Thanks again to all!
Back
Top Bottom