E-Stat's Recent Activity

1. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

Current VTL amps like the current version of mine offer variable NFB.

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:14 PM
  2. E-Stat replied to the thread Hi-fi with uncommon features or tricks?.

Yeah. Was it Race who threw the paint on the energy creature?

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:10 PM
  3. E-Stat replied to the thread Hi-fi with uncommon features or tricks?.

Audio Research SP20 preamp has adjustable resistance accessible from the remote for use with moving coil cartridges. Switching between...

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:08 PM
  4. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

It could potentially in terms of frequency response given the roller coaster ride of its impedance curve. In addition to Floyd Toole's...

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:29 PM
  5. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

Actually, they tend to have low values. The use of minimal corrective feedback (a good thing!) and transformer coupling creates higher...

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:54 PM
  6. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

Absolutely. Source impedance does affect the frequency response of many speakers. John Atkinson notes that with every amplifier...

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:50 PM
  7. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

The difference is the former doesn't use autoformers. The current 611s and 452s which do are rated at ">40". Some speakers benefit...

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:55 PM
  8. E-Stat replied to the thread Erm...my receiver has two impedance settings and my speakers have two impedances..

The switch balances power from the mains and rears to the center. It all depends upon the sensitivity of the center. When you choose...

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:30 PM
  9. E-Stat replied to the thread List of amps with a high damping factor.

Crown models fit the bill. They had one amp rated at 40,000! It is quite easy to achieve a high DF - just add boatloads of corrective...

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM
  10. E-Stat replied to the thread Looking for bright-sounding, clinical-sounding power amp for my B&W..

Not my experience. The ones I've heard are characteristically "dark" sounding. Great for driving subwoofers. HP used a KSA-250 to...

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM
  11. E-Stat replied to the thread Kind of OT , Help with noise pollution.

There are numerous possibilities, both electrical and mechanical. I was hearing a cyclic kinda "crunching" noise at night and finally...

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  12. E-Stat replied to the thread Running Line Level Audio Under Floor of House.

CAT7.

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:59 PM
  13. E-Stat replied to the thread Wi Fi Range Extenders. What do I need to know?.

The bummer about extenders is they create a new network name. Usually appended with a character or two. Devices must then be mated...

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:54 PM
  14. E-Stat liked nj pheonix's post in the thread A true and authentic electronics workbench score.

You should check it with a geiger counter:D

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:31 PM
  15. E-Stat replied to the thread What's the view like from your listening chair?.

Or, perchance a fjord!

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:01 PM