E-Stat's Recent Activity

1. E-Stat replied to the thread Balanced to Single Ended to Balanced Connection?.

I respectfully disagree. Both my audio systems used balanced connections and demonstrate wonderful dynamics - especially at the PPP end...

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:57 PM
  2. E-Stat replied to the thread What do bass and treble controls do?.

Frequency specific volume control. As Joe's graph indicates, each has a "hinge" point below or above which the gain or attenuation...

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:55 PM
  3. E-Stat replied to the thread Anybody here actually use the MUTE feature?.

My preamp "wakes up" muted so I necessarily must use it. I find it to be a more elegant approach requiring less effort since I have...

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:52 PM
  4. E-Stat replied to the thread Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?.

Another candidate for the "Nothing Succeeds like Excess" category is the Clearaudio Statement with Goldfinger cartridge. I heard it...

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:11 PM
  5. E-Stat liked Pio1980's post in the thread Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?.

It's been the VPI HW-19 with an ET-2 linear pneumatic bearing arm, the realization a "sadder but wiser" Mk-3 version with the Phoenix...

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:18 PM
  6. E-Stat replied to the thread Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?.

Holy grail? How about good enough and likely my last? Just recently gave away an Ariston RD-11s with SME3009 arm purchased as a demo...

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:08 PM
  7. E-Stat replied to the thread how to isolate my turntable. (more).

Some folks report good results using a simple platform isolated by a bicycle inner tube.

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:52 PM
  8. E-Stat replied to the thread My first CD Player.

First CDP? Kinda late to the party, but enjoy!

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:43 PM
  9. E-Stat replied to the thread Pics of your listening space.

Actually, Magnepans are not electrostatics. Hence the name - they are magnetically driven planars. I started out with those in the...

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:11 PM
  10. E-Stat replied to the thread Pics of your listening space.

Largely cosmetic update to main system. After several years, I finally painted the skylines diffusors. :) After the old DVR/cablebox...

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:29 PM
  11. E-Stat replied to the thread Any Arkansans out there?.

Hey guys, I really enjoyed the get together yesterday and meeting all of you. Thanks again, Eric for the hospitality and great food....

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:49 AM
  12. E-Stat liked DeltaB's post in the thread Fuses and sound quality ?.

The assertion that any commercial speaker company is writing "white papers" to obtain funding is simply laughable. At Altec, we would...

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:24 PM
  13. E-Stat replied to the thread Theoretical question on amplifier design.

Cool. You may be aware that with the SIT designs, the lone output is also the only transistor. Thanks to 6moons, click here for a...

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:12 AM
  14. E-Stat liked Djcoolray's post in the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

Yah it’s a gateway drug to the munchies.....

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:32 PM