1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

E-Stat's Recent Activity

1. E-Stat replied to the thread Why buy a CD-Player?.

Indeed what is lost is lost. As for going forward, just buy an inexpensive USB drive or two for backup purposes. By definition,...

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM
  2. E-Stat replied to the thread Why is a good pro amp NOT audiophile quality.

Wasn't just mine! The IC-150 (Ick) preamp developed by the same team was universally considered one of the most horrible sounding...

Nov 16, 2018 at 5:15 PM
  3. E-Stat replied to the thread Why is a good pro amp NOT audiophile quality.

I suspect that the engineer who designed the Crown D150 was also a "long term engineer". He was just deaf. I bought into the whole pro...

Nov 16, 2018 at 5:06 PM
  4. E-Stat replied to the thread Why buy a CD-Player?.

And yet future think guys like Salim Ismail of the Singularity University predict based upon the way that solar power technology has...

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:13 PM
  5. E-Stat replied to the thread Does a 20amp dedicated line really make a difference ?.

In the real world, AC transmitted noise created largely by all manner of modern gadgets distributed throughout our homes ultimately gets...

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM
  6. E-Stat replied to the thread Why buy a CD-Player?.

Maintaining regular backups is simply prudent behavior. You can buy 1 TB drives on Azon for $50. For $65, you can get 2 TB! A...

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:48 PM
  7. E-Stat replied to the thread Why buy a CD-Player?.

A hard drive or SSD is just as much "physical" as a piece of shiny plastic. Just affords faster throughput and with higher capacity for...

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:50 PM
  8. E-Stat replied to the thread Older Audio Equipment.

Click here for thirty two pages of ideas. :)

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM
  9. E-Stat replied to the thread Why is a good pro amp NOT audiophile quality.

Absolutely a great value for the money. I had an XLS1500 for a while in the garage system. Unlike the harsh sounding 70s models like a...

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:06 AM