Recent content by e163

1. e163

KLH Model Six need rescue

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all. Santa is looking for an AKer to save a pair of KLH model sixs. Search my posts for pix. The cabinets need refinishing and it seems they need new caps. I hope that someone can restore them. I can't stand the thought of them getting trashed at the SA or GW...
  2. e163

Today, the wife told me I had too many...

I donated a pair of CV DX-7 a few weeks ago for that reason. They needed new surrounds but I just couldn't justify keeping them. Plus they weighed a ton were a pain to move out to the patio. So, I made my wife happy and sent them to the SA. It wasn't easy. I guess I'll just have to live with my...
  3. e163

Marantz 4430 quad ?

When I went back, it was gone. But on the brighter side, I don't have to explain it to my wife :D I really didn't want to buy it just to sell it. Maybe I should be more practical on that point. But it wasn't the Marantz for me. Someday that 2xxx will cross my path. Maybe a 2385 or something...
  4. e163

Dynacos $14/pair!

I only listened to them for about an hour but they sounded very good. I'm going to try and make them look presentable. I guess a light sanding and maybe an oil rub. Any ideas would be appreciated. Another big thanks to AK forum: I learned about Dynaco speakers and I knew to unscrew the badges...
  5. e163

Marantz 4430 quad ?

Alas, it was not meant to be. :sigh:
  6. e163

Marantz 4430 quad ?

Is this a good receiver to use for 2 ch only? Is it worthy of the Marantz name (sound & quality). I saw a clean looking wood cased one for about $70. What do you think? Is it worth upsetting the Mrs.?
  7. e163

Dynacos $14/pair!

Is this what you call a score? So the cabs need some TLC (one is banged on the rear side) but they sound great :yes: . I was wondering about the proper orientation for these speakers. From the placement of the posts it looks like they were meant to be placed on their sides. How do you Dynaco...
  8. e163

Allied 365 receiver

I couldn't resist the wood case and I picked it up for $8. Turns out that one channel is out. Anybody have any info they can share about this receiver?
  9. e163

More guests than members

Do not fear! Join! It's free and people treat you right. Plus you will quality for a free diagnosis of your audiomania. :banana: Maybe you should be afraid... :yikes:
  10. e163

Los Angeles CL: Treasure Trove????

I've seen this guy's stuff on LA CR before. I saw those JBL L-36 a while back and was tempted but then I found my $15 HPM-40. Since I don't know jack about speakers (except what I've learned here and what my old ears tell me) I would feel uneasy about buying (although he offers to let you...
  11. e163

5-way binding post ?

Thanks. Which connection is preferred with the 5-way post? Also, I own a pair of HPM-40's that have a spring loaded post that you pass the wire through. What would be the best for that type of connection?
  12. e163

5-way binding post ?

What makes a it a 5-way binding post? Are there 5 different ways to connect the wire to the speaker? :scratch2:
  13. e163

Dustcap help

I can't hear any difference. :music: Those HPM-40's are the best $15 speakers I have ever heard. :D
  14. e163

Dustcap help

This is from my $15 HPM40's. I tried the vacuum but I couldn't get it to pop out. Any ideas?
  15. e163

Question from Noobville

Thanks all.
Back
Top Bottom