Recent content by Eafnb

1. E

Anyone have the Paradigm Active 20 Schematics?

Hello, so I found a pair of Paradigm Active 20s off the curb and thought that they would be some nice speakers to add to my collection. Once I got home, and plugged them in, I was immediately greeted with static. Once I quickly pulled the plug and removed the amplifier, I was immediately greeted...
  2. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

Wanted to see if it could turn on before I'd buy a step up transformer, rather than buying it to find the amp could be broken.
  3. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

Got it, it's going on my shopping list, thank you! :thumbsup:
  4. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

Not sure if this is the power supply section, but here's the pictures I can get without becoming a contortionist. Here's the numbers on some components that are hard to see: D113 = DS3B 20 67 Filter caps = 6800uf 50wv (The orange box in one of the pictures) NAIS DS2Y-S-DC12V AGY2323...
  5. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

Understood, thanks :) I just plugged it in with a gamble (had an adapter lying around) and while it does turn on, it doesn't give sound. I'll post more pictures of the power supply. Also, I do in fact live in the states if that helps.
  6. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

You're both probably right, I would've assumed that since it's 60hz like the American rating, but with higher voltages that it could run okay. Regardless, I'll post the pictures of the internals.
  7. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

Here's a closer look at the ratings.
  8. E

220v 60hz on 120v 60hz?

I just picked up a Sharp SA-850 integrated amp with its tuner, cassette player, cd player, and speakers from the curb. I cleaned it to find that the voltage rating is 220v 60hz and is a Korean amp as a whole with the power plug and text on the rear of the amp. Am I able to run this amp with just...
  9. E

Bucking Transformer for an HF-81

Hello, I greatly apologize for the extremely delayed response, but right after your reply, I got started putting everything together right away. I've ran it a week after assembling, and testing, and have continuously used it with my HF-81 since then and it has run very well with no problems...
  10. E

Oh I see, so the amp is 140 watts (just found the power consumption) divide by 115V to get 1.2A. Then multiply the 1.2A to the 7V to get 8.5VA (Watts?) and that's the average/maximum wattage, right?
  11. E

Really? I would've thought you need the right wattage to run properly or you'd burn out the transformer? (apologies for the silly question, still learning)
  12. E

Hello, I am working on a bucking transformer for my HF-81. I got a CES 67-1124 (SS4-12C4A) a 12vct 4amp transformer from my local electronic store and it runs 24VA. Would this be enough to power my HF-81 in the long run? or should I get a higher wattage transformer?
  13. E

Are DuMont Tubes any good?

I'm working on a project that needs a pair of 6DJ8 tubes and I am looking for a good pair for cheap. Whilst looking on eBay, I found some listings for a good price. I hear a lot about Mullard, RCA, General Electric, Sylvania, etc. But is Dumont any good?
  14. E

DIY Tube Amp Help

Gotcha, I'm in the process of getting another pair at the moment.
  15. E

DIY Tube Amp Help

I see, but based on the picture the person seemed to double up on the components and kept one power supply to achieve stereo, so is that okay? I looked on the site, unfortunately he only worked on, "The Mighty Midget". He didn't work on "The Mighty Mouse" which is what I'm planning to work on...
Back
Top Bottom