EastPoint
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• BC - Is the Sansui 5000A one for the "transfer" process? I do have a couple of sig-gens and 'scopes to potentially get to the bottom of the problem.
    Ben - If you don't have a Harbor Freight store in your area I'd be glad to box up a drill kit and send it off. Let me know. It might be helpful since you seem to have jumped in with both feet on restoring these units.
    Incidentally, if you ever encounter splattered latex paint like that again, try a controlled application of isopropyl alcohol to loosen the paint bond to the substrate:
    SX-550-CCleaned.jpg

Any more units needing attention?
    SX-550 update - R channel distortion solved w/Q-4/6/8/10/12 replaced w/overkill parts (50W MJEs, KSC1120, etc.). L channel AUX problem was in MIC jack. 2.2M chassis resistor replaced, and 3 lamps replaced. Vinyl is removed and ready for refinish. Tuner aligned tightly in AM/FM/MPX and I'm listening to the Brewers losing on WTMJ from my basement on only the factory loopstick. She's working great now.
    Made it back to Ill-Noise, but in an embarrassing hour and 37 minutes. Usually I can make it to Mitchell in 1:31 including the 162-step walk to the terminal from the surface lot. I don't know what happened this time.

Take care of that cat.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom