Ed in Tx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Ed, Seems you're the 'go-to guy' for all sorts of gear! I have a BSR EQ-3000 that has a pronounced hiss in the left channel but only on the 8K & 16K bands. I can't find a schematic anywhere. All roads point to Ed in Tx! The right channel is fine. Downright quiet in the 8K & 16K bands. Suggestions or schematics? Thanks a bunch. - Dan
    Hey ED, I seen your post to another member about a BSR EQ-3000, My unit has slightly distorted sound on both channels, also the Spectrum display is not working, any ideas on where to start? I am going to start checking voltages/components in power supply first but thought I would ask you in case you have ran across the problem, thanks a lot for any advice-Mark
    Hi Ed,
    I was told that you are the guy to talk to about the Pioneer PL-L1000. I picked one up semi recently and it has a few issues that are beyond my knowledge. Namely, when I move the tonearm over the record it doesn't always start spinning. When it does it holds its speed fine but it will go a week without starting and then suddenly it will work again for a few days. Any idea what I can do about this? Thanks,
    Isaac
    Hey im currently restoring a pair of HPM-150.
    One of the tweeters is blown.

just wondering if you have any more info on the difference between HPM-100 tweeter and HPM-150 other then the finish.
    Ed I saw a old thread on a different site that you had a Pickering XUV witha D4500Q my late dad left me some vintage carts and the XUV was his favorite. I spent way too much for a real stylus. do set it 1.2 or 2.2 as it has a brush> And I mounting it on a old Pioneer PL-518X TT. Is this tone arm too heavy(mass) for this cart? I have Pickering V15 and a ADC XLM MK II Improved all with new/old matching stylus which one is the better? Thanks
    Louis Bartay Ft. Worth, TX Pm me here or email me at labartay@verizon.net
    Ed,

Thought I had responded but it does not appear here. Anyway, yes there is a white bumper there but is is cracked. I think that is where the problem lies since it moves a bit and causes the arm to come up off center, therefore moving it left to right. Any idea as to where I can find one of these bumpers?

Thanks!
    Chris
    Ed,
    Do you any information of the PL-L1000 tone arm adjustment regarding the left to right movement. The perpndicular cylinder at the base of the arm has some adjustment screws that allow for play in the centering of the arm. The manuals I have do not address these at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
    Hey Ed

I noticed you mentioned you had old MTV footage from 1983 - 1984 ? I collect old uncut tv broadcasts from the 70's and 80's and have alot of uncut MTV from 1981 - 1995. Do you have alot and are they on dvds ? If not do you have the capability to do so ?Would you be willing to do a trade? If you are interested please email me at dale0823@yahoo.com and I will send you a copy of my trade list. Hope we can work something out ! Thank you !

Dale
    Hello Ed ,

I was directed your way by a member here . I have a phase linear 8000 tt , and would like someone to go through it and bring up to par . I really love the table , and would like to make sure all the start stop positions are correct . It also needs new rubber boots over the springs. One thing I noticed is when starting to cue down to the record , the arm base will shift to the left as soon as it is released. other than that everything seems operational as is . I did have to wedge some foam on the cue motor as it was initially slipping , not bringing the arm up. I did not lube any of the gears though , and it may or may not need it ..

IF this is something you might consider working on for me , I would really apreciate it .If you have an estimate fee, that is fine . Not sure where in TX you are , but I am in the Dallas area .

You can reach me at (972)658-5222 or through AK

Thanks a million
    Ryan
    Hi Ed;

Do you still have Pioneer PA1001A MPX chips? Trying to get a TX9500II going. If so, price, shipping costs? Thanks
    Bob
    email - bob@fmtunerinfo.com
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom