Recent content by EddyR

1. EddyR

Frazier model 7 speakers?

14 year post???
  2. EddyR

1967 Aztec Monet Speakers Clinging to Life.

Back a few years i came across two sets at good will store . One was a two way with a huge magnet 10” with a horn tweeter. They sounded quite good in my work shop for many years. The other one was a three way missing the midrange and tweeter. I forget what I put in them but i tweaked the...
  3. EddyR

KLH 17 Resto-mod?

Why bother asking this question. You have the speakers and the tweeters just mount them and try them. You are not going to hurt the tweeters. You know you are going to get the standard answer it will not work unless you do do a ton of work. I bet you could try if faster than it took me to type...
  4. EddyR

Kenwood KL 5050

I put Kenwood 5050 speakers in chrome and got 10-15 hits. I think $300 is to much.
  5. EddyR

Can a metal car port Affect FM reception?

I was in a second story of a three story apartment building and there was almost no FM reception there. It was fine in the parking lot. I found some pictures of it under construction and it was metal studs not wood in the walls.. AM was zero. I moved up the street to a third top floor wood...
  6. EddyR

Remote for HK avr

Thanks for the info. That is what i I had thought. I did find another old thread on here that said the same thing. For some reason avr 235 remotes are the hardest to find. There are many others for half the price of 235’s EddyR
  7. EddyR

Remote for HK avr

I have been on here for many years answering questions about speakers but i have a question about Harmon Kardon AVR remotes. I have a AVR 235 and need a remote. Most of the HK remotes look the same. Will a AVR 325,330, 1600,139,170,700 work on my 235. There are many other models but they all...
  8. EddyR

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

June 7 2005
  9. EddyR

Whats the worst speaker you have ever worked with?

Cannon-TLS Translinear Crossover wired wrong from factory. Gave up on them
  10. EddyR

Best speaker recommendations by tomorrow! lol

Inserting oNeselff into a thread just to correct sppeling is rathar shalloow . Attleast adddress the topiic. If this isss to harsh don’tt read it. edddD
  11. EddyR

Best speaker recommendations by tomorrow! lol

I grew up 10 miles from the building where they built them. When they were new i liked them but could not afford them. Years later i got a set and found them to be dull. There idea of a super tweeter was a poor choice, Ed
  12. EddyR

poor packing rant

Last week i got a receiver from a long time ebay seller in a thin box with four little pieces of foam at each corner. Every side of receiver was smashed in and parts broken off. Huge hole in side of box. Looks like a six year old packed it. You know the rest ,he is not taking it back and no...
  13. EddyR

Should I fix up these Realistic Optimus T-120 3 ways?

I have never seen those but I like the rounded corners. I did a lot of reforms and had to cut a few down to fit oddball drivers. They all worked well in anything 6” or larger. I would fix them up. Ed
  14. EddyR

JBL L65 Jubal Cabinet Repair help needed

Five years ago Rebecca and I were in Santa Fe NM on vacation and I saw a add for a free beat up pair of L65 on CL and I called the guy and he was a block from the hotel that I was staying in. Guy said come and get them. I told Rebecca to wait and I would be back in a hour. We were driving our...
  15. EddyR

75 ohm to 300 ohm baluns

Easy fix for window is to use a a short piece of zip or lamp cord as it is very close to 75 ohms. You can mount a coat connector on each end. If that is not thin enough Us a vice to flatten the center. I have soldered them direct to the coax Ed
Back
Top Bottom