Recent content by Electone

1. Electone

Akai AP-207 Strobe Issue ONLY in Single Play - How does this power supply work?

It would seem all the cleaning in the world is not going to fix these microswitches. Changed out the two switches that operate the timing motor and bingo - no more arcing.
  2. Electone

Cleaned all four switches now. Only 1 showed minor signs of arcing (the top one near the start switch). The other two near the timing motor were spotless. No change - still arcing. I swapped out the switch with the signs of arcing with a new switch - no change. I'm starting to wonder if the...
  3. Electone

Thread revival. I have one of these on the bench right now. Similar issue except the strobe is flickering and a very loud hum noise is present even in the audio cables when the timing motor activates. I recapped the motor board which didn't clear the issue. I cleaned both microswitches near...
  4. Electone

Cartridge for Technics SL 5

There should be no difference between the 85 and older 92 other than the quality of the stylus mounted to it. Bodies should be identical.
  5. Electone

Pioneer PL-570 Help with tonearm return

Little thread revival here, but I have a 570 on the bench right now with the auto-start function not moving the tonearm to the start of the record. The gear motor and transmission are fine on this table. The issue turned out to be that the little spring which clips onto part "F" of the service...
  6. Electone

For 'F' sake....

Why would a repairer polish lids and detail tables in for service? I've never had that done when I've dropped off equipment for repair...
  7. Electone

For 'F' sake....

Watch at 13:50
  8. Electone

Help! Grease or oil on my turntable spindle?

I like a non-detergent 30 weight oil for these type of bearings. For Technics DD bearing, a lighter weight oil like Singer works well. Not a fan of putting combustion engine oils in turntable bearings - no need for all the additives and dispersants.
  9. Electone

SL-1300 cueing lever issue

10. Electone

Technics SL D20

You need an entire P-mount cartridge, not a needle.
  11. Electone

Which to keep: Technics SL-D3, Lenco L-76 or Marlux MX-66

That SL-D3 will outlive all of us.
  12. Electone

Minty Dual CS-5000 Won't Start

Thread revival. Have one of these in for service right now - no motor spin. Found two of the tiny copper coil wires snapped. Re-connected them and now the motor is energizing, but still not spinning. When the tonearm is moved over, the motor jerks a little and stops. All electrolytics have...
  13. Electone

Scariest Movie You've Seen

Not a movie, but an episode from the TV series 'Space: 1999' called "Dragon's Domain". Scared the living crap out of me when I was seven or eight years old. Still packs a punch today.
  14. Electone

Tuners?

I don't listen to the radio a lot in the house, but my tuners are: Yamaha TX-900U Yamaha T-7 Pioneer TX-5500ii
  15. Electone

Digital cables and sound.

I always thought this video was food for thought:
Back
Top Bottom