Recent content by electrode101

1. electrode101

Old broadcast newby

Welcome, Bob, from another Broadcast Engineering veteran. 50 years of fun and challenges, and finally retired last year. Still have my fingers in it, though. Seems I can't get it entirely out of my bloodstream!
  2. electrode101

Where to Buy Vintage Turntables Near DC

I was at Brett's shop, HiFi Heaven, this past Friday, and he had several Dual Automatic TTs for sale. I would think a 1219 or 1229 would fit the bill nicely. jD
  3. electrode101

New JJ E83CC frame grid tube...weak after 6 months use in Mac gear?

OP, if you haven't done so already, start testing all tubes you buy prior to use. That way, you have a benchmark you can test against after time in use. Especially with old testers, results are "relative". More important is the "life test", gas test, and leakage. Good luck. jD
  4. electrode101

Done! Thanks, John John Diamantis

Done! Thanks, John John Diamantis
  5. electrode101

Sounds like a deal. My handle is jdiamantis.

Sounds like a deal. My handle is jdiamantis.
  6. electrode101

I purchased one of your DR-7D needles a couple of months ago. So in order to send the EV 0.5, do...

I purchased one of your DR-7D needles a couple of months ago. So in order to send the EV 0.5, do you want me to buy the ebay needle and you'll substitute the EV? Or, let me know if I'm wrong.
  7. electrode101

The elliptical lost the tip; never heard it. The mod I performed was removing the glue at the...

The elliptical lost the tip; never heard it. The mod I performed was removing the glue at the end of the armature, and making sure the dampers were as free of glue as possible. It made all the difference.
  8. electrode101

My Decca was a 70s vintage. Tracking was fair. Was a vinyl wrecker at times. So far, the GE...

My Decca was a 70s vintage. Tracking was fair. Was a vinyl wrecker at times. So far, the GE hasn't done that. It's been too long ago to remember, but I'm liking the GE alot.
  9. electrode101

My interest in the GE carts started in the early 70s while going to GWU in DC and finding a...

My interest in the GE carts started in the early 70s while going to GWU in DC and finding a VRII, and a couple of unused styli in the campus radio station. Mounted it in a Gray 108 damped tonearm on a Rek-O-Kut TT and was amazed at the quality playback with the many mono rock albums I had. It...
  10. electrode101

Your modifications were a revelation, and allowed me to recover the 0.5 mil, which is my...

Your modifications were a revelation, and allowed me to recover the 0.5 mil, which is my favorite, and a couple of other 0.7's, both of which I need to rotate the armature to have the azimuth correct, and the stylus I bought from you off ebay.
  11. electrode101

I ordered about 10 styli from a guy about 10 years ago (can't remember his name offhand, but he...

I ordered about 10 styli from a guy about 10 years ago (can't remember his name offhand, but he had a big business on ebay, and has since retired), and all but 2 were awful. And those 2 were not great.
  12. electrode101

I've collected 3 over the past 12 years or so. Found them all at local hamfests when they were...

I've collected 3 over the past 12 years or so. Found them all at local hamfests when they were worth going to. The VR1000 0.5 and elliptical models I got with the original boxes. The other one was loose. I don't think I paid more than $5 each for these.
  13. electrode101

Sorry John. Get well. Absolutely no rush on my part. Health is of #1 importance to guys of our...

Sorry John. Get well. Absolutely no rush on my part. Health is of #1 importance to guys of our "vintage" (I have a couple of years on you, but samey same) John
  14. electrode101

I appreciate it, John. I would even consider one of your "used" 0.5mils if they are not worn...

I appreciate it, John. I would even consider one of your "used" 0.5mils if they are not worn. Thanks. John
  15. electrode101

John, You posted you still had some 0.5mil styli available for the VR1000. As I've stated...

John, You posted you still had some 0.5mil styli available for the VR1000. As I've stated before I have one and love it. If any of yours are available, I'd be interested in a purchase. Just let me know. Thanks. And thanks for all of your work on these great carts. John Diamantis
Back
Top Bottom