Recent content by Elliott72

1. E

Anyone had any experience with Jasmine LP2.5 DU MC/MM phono preamp?

Thanks for the info, it's definitely helpful getting some feedback from people who have experience with this unit. I'm still on the fence. It seems like a great unit with the separate psu and great features, seems to check a lot of boxes. I think I might throw him an offer and see if it sticks...
  2. E

Anyone had any experience with Jasmine LP2.5 DU MC/MM phono preamp?

Hello, Been a long time since I've posted anything here, but I'm shopping again...lol Looking to upgrade my phono stage from a Cambridge audio cp2. I like to run two TT's but not many phono stages in my budget (under $750.00 cnd, new or used) seem to offer this capability. There is not much...
  3. E

Which amp is the better buy?

Pioneer sx1050 vs pioneer sa9500ii Which is the better amp? They are in similar condition and close in price.
  4. E

NEC aua 7000e authentic series

Thanks for the opinions, not sure on the bat wing outputs, it was in a cabinet when I saw it. It seems to me, that it's diificult to find a good integrated amp or receiver for anywhere between 100-200 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...the fella that's selling it was...
  5. E

NEC aua 7000e authentic series

Hi all, I have the opportunity to purchase a nec authentic series amp and tuner. I'm looking for some opinions on these units. There in mint condition and he's asking $150 cnd. Seems like a good deal, can't find much info on these units, so looking for opinions and advice. Thanks, Elliott
  6. E

Hitachi sr 904 is making an intermittent popping sound

Looking at buying a hitachi sr 904 in good cosmetic condition, but it's making a popping sound. The popping sound seems random, sounds great otherwise...any ideas on what it might be? How much to fix? What's it worth in this sort of condition? Appreciate any and all responses. Cheers all and...
  7. E

Dual idler drive vs belt drive

Geez, I'm getting confused, seem to be wavering back and forth. The 504 sold so that's out, the 1219 seems to be back to front runner...thanks to the resident dual gurus. It's on the cheaper side to boot, $200.00 and comes with a good shure m95ed. Seems like a good pkg. now I found something...
  8. E

Wow, so there's quite a bit of info for me to digest...as expected a lot of conflicting opinions, but that's what makes the world go around and also this site so interesting! I'll agree that it's a wise choice to go with something further away from my 1229. I think the Elac is out, and I'll...
  9. E

Hi all, Thanks for the time. I'm in the market for a tt and I'm leaning towards a dual. I currently use a 1229, but I want to rebuild it and it's going to take some time being as I'm a Newby to turntable restoration. So I have a few nearby options. All of them are in good working and cosmetic...
  10. E

Elac miracord 750iii

Thanks for the info, I'll put it on the back burner until I get more info. There's a couple of duals that I'm interested in as well. Any opinions on idler drive vs belt drive duals. Cheers,
  11. E

Elac miracord 750iii

Hi all, I'm a new member, but have viewed tons of info on this site for a long time. I'm a big fan! Anyhow looking for some advice. There is a nice looking (black plinth) Elac miracord 750iii for sale for $300.00 Canadian dollars with no cartridge. It's in pristine condition. First question- is...
Back
Top Bottom