Recent content by Encyc Brown

1. Encyc Brown

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Still spinning the Hendrix (reference previous post). Jimi obviously practiced a lot as this live recording of 4 sets is pretty d...n tight playing... holds its own today 53 years later. I guess that is the point of the recordings we spin as it captures something pretty special that can be...
  2. Encyc Brown

Hard to believe this was recorded 53 years ago when I was around 9 years old... it was recorded incredibly well and this box set features all 4 sets... the 2 on December 31st, 1969, @ 8 pm and 10:30 pm and likewise same schedule next day on January 01st, 1970. Makes one feel they are there in a...
  3. Encyc Brown

@KevinJS. Yes Stargazer was with the Munich Orchestra on the original. Ritchie was taking Cello lessons at this time from ELO’s Cello player. Ritchie, of course, applied the same practice habits as on the guitar and excelled on learning the Cello with proficiency. So much that he actually wrote...
  4. Encyc Brown

One more spin tonight.... one of the greatest “Rock Operas” IMHO. Appropriate spin for today. I have the vinyl format but really enjoying going old school format. The warmth and clarity of this Sony analog spin goes well with my Bacardi Rum and Pineapple :beerchug:
  5. Encyc Brown

:beerchug::beatnik: Thanks, good to see the spins once again
  6. Encyc Brown

:beerchug: :thumbsup:
  7. Encyc Brown

Thanks! :beerchug:
  8. Encyc Brown

Merry Christmas ..... Holidays, no matter which ones are celebrated, can be joyous or maybe even a bit “Bluesy” :cool:
  9. Encyc Brown

Thanks, It is a good deck...tapehead thread cats were talking about this model and what a “sleeper” it was, they ranked it very high.. one of the cats mentioned there was a guy in Canada that had about 10 new in the box never opened units of this JVC. I smiled as I read all that as that is...
  10. Encyc Brown

Good Evening to all.... Going to spin a few so thought I’d share while checking out what y’all are tuning into to..... Bacardi Rum and Coke intro while warming up the equipment via FM.... Rabbit Hole Wiki search one night revealed some LPs that are considered amongst the first of “Psychedelic...
  11. Encyc Brown

Thanks guys.... I haven’t been spinning quite like I used too.... rough couple of years with several eye surgeries and potentially more to follow....nights like this are good to spend in the music room, it all melts away...... nice to still be at bat, trying to hit the pitches life throws ...
  12. Encyc Brown

Thanks on the table. eBay purchase from a Craftsman that refurbishes them well and uses each Wood only once so each one is unique....African Rosewood on this one. Pioneer RT707 was likewise an eBay purchase from a retired old school technician in California that refurbishes them and moves many...
  13. Encyc Brown

Thanks... :cool: Thanks!
  14. Encyc Brown

Time for a Barcardi Rum and Coke, along with a bud and a spin that was way ahead of its time.
Back
Top Bottom