Recent content by enderwiggin

1. enderwiggin

Step Up from Ortofon 2M Black?

Hi, different tastes aside, the 2mBlack is a MM hard to beat. In my experience (I had all the carts that have been nominated in this 3D), the mentioned carts are around the same level. After that, it's just a matter of taste. If you want to do a really step up, you have two options, in my...
  2. enderwiggin

Mysterious popping sound while playing a vinyl...

Hi, due to the Audacity "de-popper", I cannot really ear all the frequecies and so I can't understand the true nature of the pop. To em, it seems more a mechanical "clack" than a problem on the record... Does it happen on other records? Bye Luca
  3. enderwiggin

Michell Record Clamp

Without the felt ring, the clamp loses an important component his functions: to flex the record in order to make if the flattest possible; without it, it will only secure the record to the platter. The original felt ring has a diameter of 2,2 cm and thickness of 0,3 cm. Bye Luca
  4. enderwiggin

I fixed my Denon DL-103R!

it's indeed out of specifics, if I do remember correctly...
  5. enderwiggin

Adjust+ Test Record - Help

Hi! About the antiskate: when the cart start buzzing, you theoretically have reached the limit of the cart tracking ability. IF and only IF the azimut is perfectly set, you should be able to adjust the AS in order to obtain the same amount of buzzing on both channel: buzz on the right, then...
  6. enderwiggin

What's with all the bent cantilevers?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I think she need a clear talking to....:whip:
  7. enderwiggin

well, I really think you need a dustcover on your TT. Or starting to charge your maid... arrgghhhh!!!!!! Luca
  8. enderwiggin

To any of the Admins: please, could you just remove the useless fighting posts? As always, it's just detrimental to the 3D. Thanks
  9. enderwiggin

Yes, too little AS. Since the centripetal force acting on the arm in not balanced by the correct amount of AS, the arm is pushed inward, but the stylus in kept in the groove by VTF; so the cantilever seems bent outward. To better visualize this phenomenon just consider the diamond as stucked in...
  10. enderwiggin

Vinyl injection moulding - New technology for making records

If I did understand it right, those records should be more pricey and less durable... I'm not so hot about this... Bye Luca
  11. enderwiggin

The dynamics of the centripetal force an the arm and the stylus are the ones defined before, so you can rest assure about that physical aspect: too little AS and the arm will be easely pushed toward the spindle by centripetal force. Too much AS and the arm will be pulled outward too much. The AS...
  12. enderwiggin

ah, of course I'm assuming that the setup of the cart and the arm (VTA, alignment, VTF, azimuth) are perfect. If they are not, these informations are useless :) Bye Luca
  13. enderwiggin

The most precise method (I'm aware of, of course) is the one I described before, with test record track of 50, 60, 70, 80, 100 microns. You need to connect your phono pre (output) to an oscilloscope (or a PC oscilloscope simulation program, that's good anyway) and check for the amount of...
  14. enderwiggin

Technically the pulling force applied to the arm should be progressive accordind with the movement towards the spindle. So the pull of the AS will be higher when the arm is close to the spindle. If I get the situation right, what you observe should be ok. And yes, the blank record is not the...
  15. enderwiggin

ohps!!!!!! :D well anyway, the correct azimuth setting must be done before the fine setting for AS. So, I assume it was ok. Given the actual situation of your cantilever, maybe you could recheck azimuth and AS from the beginning... and if you see (with time) any changing in the orientation of...
Back
Top Bottom