Recent content by enedwaith

1. enedwaith

using floorspeakers as stands?

naw. well i was hesitant that there would be any noticeable improvement, anyway. then with A/Bing the left speaker screwed into the stand and the right speaker on the HPM cabinet (with my receiver set to mono), i absolutely noticed that the left speaker had a more focused lower end, and the...
  2. enedwaith

i've received the stands today, A/B'd as suggested, and yeah, it's a hundred times more significant than i thought it would be. thanks for the help, everyone.
  3. enedwaith

i did rest my hand against the 10" woofer on one of the HPMs while the Focals were bumping, and noticed quite a bit of vibration, yeah, it's like they're stealing my soundwaves!
  4. enedwaith

hello, i am running a pair of Focal Aria 906s, they're sitting on HPM60's (2' height) as makeshift speaker stands. i have a pair of the Focal S900 series stands on the way, all nice and heavy steel and $300 and whatever. i've been looking around on different sites trying to find a consensus...
  5. enedwaith

optonica 5605 stuck in protection

all four TPs on the main amp board read +50Vs, should two read negative?
  6. enedwaith

fuse are continuous..
  7. enedwaith

could this be because of a blown fuse? i'll check those now..
  8. enedwaith

the schematic linked in the topics first post seems to fit pretty well to this amplifier, i don't think there are any significant differences between the 5605 and 5606
  9. enedwaith

the transistors are on the outward side of the heatsinks, i'm not sure i have a screwdriver small enough, maybe i must go shop for one
  10. enedwaith

one last point to add - the fellow who sold and shipped it to me says it was functioning fine before shipment. if he's being honest, what might have happened during shipment to cause this issue with the protection mode? something as simple as a cold solder joint?
  11. enedwaith

looks like im going to do some disassembly and desoldering to comfortably access the transistors! going to have to save that fun for tomorrow..
  12. enedwaith

sounds like fun; it's only 8pm anyway. so, to test to-3 transistor, i have multimeter set to ohms, and [1] connect positive test lead to base, negative test lead to case, [2] connect positive lead to base, negative test lead to emitter, [3] negative test lead to base, positive test lead to case...
  13. enedwaith

sorry, i'll take pictures as requested. the tape out works, so there's that.. tuner works..
  14. enedwaith

i'm guessing the headphone output is after the power amp section?
  15. enedwaith

i'll run the tape rec out to my headphone amp and see if i can get any signal through it
Back
Top Bottom