epifanatic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi, Mike!

Elvis fan, eh? Me too.

Didn't realize there was anyone remotely local on AK. Good to know! Was just down in Millard to pick up an Onkyo TX8522 receiver. Piece O'Crap Pioneer VSR home theater receiver won't handle my 4 ohm Infinity Qb's without getting really hot and then blowing tweeter protection fuses. Hope this Onkyo can do the job. It should be able to - I think it's rated at 100 wpc to 4 ohms.

Thanks for the welcome!
    I have a 330CI 04, it is still running good. When I bought it, it was M3 and than mine 330 for fast cars, 06 and 07 they came up with the new ones but I still like mine. High School memories :)

Maybe in future I have my eyes on Mercedes e63 AMG
    All's fine in my neck of the woods, here's hoping that you and yours had a great holiday as well.
    Seasons Greetings Epifanatic! All is well out here on the left coast, just kickin' it with some Weller 107 and Alvin Lee. Hope you and yours are well too.
    Cheers, Bob
    Whew, that's a relief! How'd the tweeter replacement on the Maggies turn out?

I almost bought a pair of 1.5s but they just didn't do it for me like the IIIs did.

I did pick up a pair of SMGs just to have some Maggies. :)
    Good to see you posting again. Need to get the Kenny up and running. Drop me a line and we'll hook up. Maybe you could drop it off after work some night?
    By all means... We need to get that amp back up and running.

Kind of busy this weekend, but next should be good.
    Mike,

Saw that you posted using the KA-8100 and some cabinet speakers... is this an old picture?

Scott
    Hey Mike, haven't heard from you in a while.

Hope everything is okay on your end.

Did the tuner and deck work out for you?

Scott
    I have to let you know on the K.C. thing. I'm pretty sure that I'm going, but I don't know if the wife and daughter are going with me or not.
    Man, sorry to hear the bad news... been there myself with both of my parents. They passed away about eight months apart. Still interested in the Kenny tuners? Door is always open... too bad the room is too full of gear to get in it!
    So, where have you been keeping yourself? Didn't get an email back about the tuners and other gear. Doing okay these days? How's Lisa?
    Any Husker hi-fi guy is a friend of mine! I'm from Omaha (Ohmaha? hahaha) originally, Belleview (sp?) in particular. Dad was stationed at Offutt!

That said, I know nothing about EPI....perhaps you could enlighten me? I'm big into ribbons/stats and the like, and just bought my first Ohm Walsh's to compliment the Carver Amazing Silver MKlV's in my living room! (One day, I'll have to get around to hooking everything back up after my 'spring cleaning!')

Chuck
    I met Lash a few times, it's been over ten years since I worked there, so I can't place a face with the name.

If I weren't so busy, I'd re-cap the Kenny for you. Since I do my own work, I don't know who's who anymore.

Glenn (Echowars) is down in KC and does excellent work, but it might be six months as he's got too much on the
    bench these days.
    The Mercurys... hmmm... haven't heard your band before.

I did work for Midwest Sound & Lighting as a bench tech for about three and a half years though.

Course that was down at the Lincoln store though.

Scott
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom