Recent content by eric0108

1. eric0108

Best SS or tube amp kit <$750?

I built the Akitika preamp also. I'm very satisfied with it. The instructions were clear and the quality is excellent. I added the headphone amp to it last month. Next up will be the GT-102 amp. Currently I'm using the amp from my Technics SA-700.
  2. eric0108

Pre-amp recommendation please!

I built the Akitika PR-101 preamp and the phono kits.The kit quality was excellent and the sound is also. Looking to build the GT101 stereo amp next.
  3. eric0108

Any one here use a Coordinate Measurement Machine at work?

Twas just a random thought /question I had. Thanks for the responses :)
  4. eric0108

Any one here use a Coordinate Measurement Machine at work?

Zeiss, Sheffield, Mitutoyo, DEA, Brown and Sharpe, or Hexagon? Just curious...
  5. eric0108

CD Recorder Recommendations

Probably should have done a search first. There is a lot info out there
  6. eric0108

CD Recorder Recommendations

I'm somebody who has many albums and would like to record them to CD. I have older audio equipment circa mid 70's to mid 80's It seems the TEAC CD-RW 890MKII and the Tascom CD-RW 900MKII are the most commonly available now. I was wondering about older equipment and what used to be available...
  7. eric0108

Preamp hunting: must have a phono stage and remote capabilities.

Lately I have been looking at the Akitika amp and preamp kits, the site has good reviews (obviously). I'm debating which kit to buy. I have a Technics SA-700, a Harman Kardon PM-655, and an old older Pioneer Q-8000, all of which I can separate the amp and preamp sections. I also have a Carver...
  8. eric0108

Harman Kardon PM 655 phono preamp

I have an HK CD491 cassette deck with a bad record head among other issues. The deck has a lot of push button switches, but none of the part numbers match up. Actually I should try to sell it, but that's another thread..
  9. eric0108

Lessons learned: 1. Verify your test leads on the DVM are good. 2. Fusible resistors like regular resistors can suffer from internal intermittent connections. In other words, the MM phono input now works. The sound is awesome. The last issue is ths Bass Contour switch, very loud crunch sound...
  10. eric0108

By the way, I do appreciate everyone's input. :beerchug:
  11. eric0108

If only it was that easy, that was one of the first things I looked at.
  12. eric0108

Thank you very much for the information. I am hoping I will have time this weekend to investigate further. Time to resubscribe, I love this place
  13. eric0108

Better shot of schematic
  14. eric0108

A couple of pictures,haven't had to much time to troubleshoot yet. schematic is part of phono preamp, fusible resisters R657 and R656are good after all
Back
Top Bottom