Recent content by ericleehall

1. ericleehall

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin @ McIntosh

Almost 40 years old.... I wonder what the other pieces are.....
  2. ericleehall

here is the original full size link https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jul/08/stairway-to-heaven-jimmy-page-castle-is-his-home-led-zeppelin#img-1
  3. ericleehall

This is a recent picture of Page in his London "Tower House"... See that McIntosh setup in the background, any idea what it all is?
  4. ericleehall

re:The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD (DAC)

OK, here is the official answer from Chuck @ McIntoshLabs. Hi Eric, Sorry for the confusing literature, The C2600 and C52 have the same DAC and can accept DSD native. The do not down-res anything, in fact, all digital signals coming in are up-converted to 32 Bit, 384kHz before conversion to...
  5. ericleehall

I totally agree, it does not make sense, but the outputs of the 2 DAC's (C52 & C2600) are nonetheless listed differently on the McIntosh Labs Website: https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/preamplifiers/C52 https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/preamplifiers/C2600
  6. ericleehall

Yes, that what it accepts, not what it says it outputs..... The C2600 features a 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC). whereas: The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC) That tells me the C52 can only output (and must downsample) the higher...
  7. ericleehall

Well that came from the McIntosh Website. Here is what the C2600 says: The C2600 features a 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
  8. ericleehall

my new McIntosh C52 features: The C52 is also capable of decoding and playing back DSD files. The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC) So...
  9. ericleehall

Which pre?

I bought a C47, and loved it, but it died within two weeks so I sent it back and am awaiting it's replacement, a C52....
  10. ericleehall

McIntosh C47, turned it on AND all hell broke loose!

AudioClassics as predicted did make it right, and covered all the shipping etc.... I upgraded to a C52, and am especially glad of that given the post above.... and yeah, I do miss it, as I had some free time as well for listening... I am excited to receive the c52... I have other stereos tho...
  11. ericleehall

I'll do that, but as of this moment it's completely dead, except for the occasional static burst... :-/
  12. ericleehall

Static, hissing, scratching .... pegged my Amp meters (Mc7300)... Turned it off, and on a few times...same thing......on EVERY channel... Re-Updated the Firmware to 1.0.4 (which I had done a week or so ago), and the problem seems to have gone away... If this had happened at high volume it...
  13. ericleehall

Mcintosh c52 firmware question.

I'm sorry I don't, I just copied that list from the software.
  14. ericleehall

Mcintosh c52 firmware question.

Actually I got the software and did it myself (1.03 to 1.04), it was very, very simple, and took perhaps 2 minutes total, so I'm not sure why it would take a trip to the dealer for something so routine, as the software was very clear, easy to use and quite presentable. Just as an FYI here are...
  15. ericleehall

Which pre?

I just got the C47, after looking at a lot of McIntosh pres, the price performance was very good.... I must say the DAC has me reevaluating digial.
Back
Top Bottom