Recent content by ernie richau

1. E

Renaissance 90 internal wire replacement

Hi The internal wiring in my 90s is starting to look pretty bad (green/black). The wire has clear insulation and it can be seen in varing amounts in most of the wire. Before I get started I have a few questions: Has anyone verified the wire gauge? How about any tips on getting the old wire out...
  2. E

Infinity RS II SS amp recomendations

There is a Mc 2200 in barter town right now. Good price.
  3. E

Infinity RS II SS amp recomendations

I have kappa 7s and renaissance 90s. After many different amps there are only two that have driven them with no effort. Mc 2205 and Mc 452.
  4. E

MC 452 or a pair MC2205 in Mono?

I also suggest moving to the 452. I replaced my rebuilt 2205 about one month ago with a 452 and I agree with the differences described by everyone in this thread. As far as the price I believe it is good but not great. Audio classics was very close to that price and it included a warranty. For...
  5. E

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

This isn't much of a pic but they sure sounds good with my klipsch forte 1s. New crites tweeters and sonic caps.
  6. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hahahaha
  7. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Mine showed up today. Listening to it now. You will be happy with your choice.
  8. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

9. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I never picked up the 501s. The 452 arrives this Wednesday. I have listened many times to the 452 at various dealers and really liked it. I have heard the 402 but it was not at the same time as the 452. I have had a restored 2205 in my system for a while and I like the 452s I've heard at...
  10. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hi It was 5700 including shipping. No taxes as I'm out of state. I have been looking for the last 9 months or so. The cheapest I've seen a 452 was 5400 on Craigslist. 6k was the best I've been able to do on 501s although a little over a year ago I missed a pair for 5500 on craiglist. I found 1...
  11. E

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

Hi I just picked up a 452 from audio classics. Shipped to so cal it was way cheaper than the amp at 6.2k. It has a 1 year warranty and they are very easy to deal with. None of that makes it any lighter to pick up though.....
  12. E

Preamp for my MC30 pair, a Sensi needed.

+1 on the marantz 7c. It is fantastic. Although I have never tried mine with a mc30 I can say it's wonderful with my 2205. Even better with the 8b.
  13. E

Bi-amping Infinity Ren 80 on a tight budget

Hi I currently bi amp my ren 90s. Mc2205 on top and a carver amp on the bottom. I can get the power guard light to flash when I listen loud. It does provide some flexibility as both these amps are adjustable. Just for the heck of it I have tried my marantz 8b on top with the 2205 on the bottom...
  14. E

Aquired a Marantz 8b

Hi, I have rebuilt a 7c and my 8b was found in good shape so I havent done anything to it. I had lots of caps out of spec on the 7 so I replaced them with russian pio. I know some of the guys are now using arizona caps. My advice; Listen to Crooner. He really helped me. Second, I would not...
  15. E

Downgrading to Klipsch Cornwalls?

I too have similar systems. A hi powered Mc amp, c2500 pre driving infinity renaissance 90s. The second system is a marantz 7c, 8b, and forte 1s. Every time I go from one to the other I can't believe how good it sounds. They are different but fantastic in their own way. I suggest you keep both...
Back
Top Bottom