Recent content by esya

1. esya

Audio stand suggestions

dusty climate I just hate dusting and glass shelves are the worst. I am looking for a heavy duty audio shelf/cabinet with glass doors or some form of dust control. What am I trading in terms of stability and/or vibration damping if I don't go with open glass shelves, really? These are...
  2. esya

British pop trivia question

sorry for the delay: the op (who was an op at another site) had in mind the Beatles/DC tunes....
  3. esya

Were these British hits?
  4. esya

British hits? Were these British hits?
  5. esya

Dc5 Weren't the DC5 American, tho?
  6. esya

Here's trivia for you all: 2 hit songs OF THE SAME NAME, both came from 2 British bands in the 60's, what was the name of the song? This has been posted by a friend of mine for about three days..it can't be that hard.
  7. esya

to headphone or not to headphone that is the question

I think this is the point I am concerned about...they are not a substitute for the speakers in the room atmosphere, in my book. But I can see that in our complex life, maybe it's easier to go with the simple fix and give it a try. :tresbon:
  8. esya

Basic stylus questions

thanks.
  9. esya

well that is three for three and I guess I'll get a pair....
  10. esya

I don't use any kind of earbuds, Ipods, or headphones but a major family issue has become dueling electronics. We can rearrange some room uses but in the end I am getting pressure to use headphones....which goes all up against my music as social theory background. How much does having...
  11. esya

First tubes! Eico ST-70 and ST-97

this is truly a great find.
  12. esya

Plastic, acrylic dustcovers, yech

elcoholic: nice leather one.
  13. esya

Uses for unplayable vinyl?

So, one with an edge chip (yes, dropped on its edge) could be a cig ashtray with place for the cig if melted properly...must require Heat gun?
  14. esya

Plastic, acrylic dustcovers, yech

Since I posted this I have been to a lot of second hand stores, mostly furniture ones. There are a number of console styles from earlier decades but it appears that most of them are shallower than the current style of turntable so you'd have to pull out the guts and shelf, and put in a false...
  15. esya

new tube care and feeding

This is great; I especially appreciate how well organized the material is, makes for easy reference. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom