Recent content by euromut

1. euromut

Thorens Td160 build

Thank You all. Unfortunately, I cannot find the source for the Thorens Logo. I am pretty sure I found it on eBay from Switzerland. I see some, but not made like mine. Mine is Chrome Plated Brass.
  2. euromut

Thorens Td160 build

So this project went dormant for quite a while. Access to friends shops due to Covid, slowed my down a bit. I had to buy some tools to get it done. Decided I could do better. So I tore the whole thing down again. I swapped out the top plate with one from an earlier, near perfect TD160...
  3. euromut

Rega Owner's Thread

Let me see if I can verify that motors dimensions. I am not sure if its the same size/shape as the 24v. The 24v has a 2 inch diameter.
  4. euromut

Rega Owner's Thread

I just want to make sure your using a 24V motor. Also, can you measure the height between the bottom of your plinth, and the cutting board its sitting on. My mount is based on 1 inch high feet.
  5. euromut

Rega Owner's Thread

I was working on this a year or so ago, but a divorce got me pretty distracted. I have a prototype I am willing to let someone try. I am still using the original Delrin prototype on mine. From that, I designed and build a 3D printed model. It will sit on the surface under the turntable. and...
  6. euromut

Pics of your listening space

Its been a while, Still enjoying my 60s cave.. Going to rock wool and drywall the ceiling eventually.
  7. euromut

I think your daydreaming happy thoughts. They look like wooden crates.
  8. euromut

Using ADS L400s and a line level Sub

Actually, upon further inspection. The sub-woofer I will be using only has speaker level in, not in/out. So I guess that answers my questions. It seems I always have to do something weird to setup my sub. My main system uses a derived center channel output (an HH Scott thing) which is a pre amp...
  9. euromut

Using ADS L400s and a line level Sub

I am setting up a 2nd system with some A/D/S L400s and a Luxman L210. I would like to add a subwooder, but the Luxman has no output. I have a couple of subs with speaker level in/outputs (Pass through). I was thinking of wiring them in parallel so as not to pass the L400s through the subs...
  10. euromut

Last night I was working on cleaning up my newly acquired A/D/S L400s. They will be part of my Bedroom setup, So I decided to do a little tinker and tune until that space is ready. Temporarily on the bar in my main listening room. I may decide to add a pass through subwoofer to fill out the...
  11. euromut

Making a little more progress. I have some of the new circuits in place for power. The Thorens, Rega, and Revox are all hooked up through the HH Scott. Teac is through the Onkyo for now. First time I've had the Rega lit up in a couple years.
  12. euromut

Yes, It is a wood burning fireplace. I will be converting it to vent-less open gas logs eventually. Our upstairs fireplace already has a glass and log insert.
  13. euromut

Thank you. They are the previous generation, Monotor Audio, Silver 8. They are fantastic. The Audiomods arm was prewired. I think the problem may be with the ground. Or some of the varnish rubbed off the wires. In any even the right Chanel is very quiet. I’m hoping to just repair the...
  14. euromut

a Little bit of progress. I positioned and wired 6 of the recessed LED lights. My Thorens is down for the moment for a tonearm rewire, so for now I am "suffering" with my RP6. They will both be part of the permanent setup. The Rega will be going on a wall mount, which I think will go to the...
  15. euromut

I had a local metal plating company do it. I did end up with some slight bubbles under the copper. This appears to be an issue with the zinc aluminum out gassing. I guess if you have it brass or rhodium plated, then copper it will help eliminate this. I will see how bad the bubbles get. It...
Back
Top Bottom