Recent content by FauxHall

1. FauxHall

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

A little bedtime music..
  2. FauxHall

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

The mailman brought a goodie bag this afternoon. The Thorens leather TT mat sure looks and feels nice. We'll see if it sounds better than the stock rubber mat Got a Zerostat, a stylus cleaning gel pad with a hi magnification triple, and some gooey stuff for cleaning records without having...
  3. FauxHall

Los Angeles based music. What’s your favorites???

The Angeles String Quartet did a great Haydn cycle. They may have disbanded though.
  4. FauxHall

Today's JAZZ playlist

45 rpm too.
  5. FauxHall

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

Well, they won't ship internationally but they did take my money and promised to ship to my brother in Colorado in two boxes from Hope. No sales tax and no shipping for FedEx Ground. My sister-in-law promised to trans-ship them to me here in the UAE. Looking forward to the fun of swapping the...
  6. FauxHall

Joined the Klipsch Club Today

I did an audition at the dealer with the Heresies and ordered the Forte IIIs. Like you, I thought the Cornwalls were just too big and I I live in a largish apartment. Even made templates of floor footprints to see it with my own eyes in-situ. The walnut is fine looking but I wish I had the...
  7. FauxHall

How can I best reduce room reflections?

The most effective room treatment I've found was big black acoustic foam wedges stuck in the corners of the walls, ceiling, and floors. That doesn't deal with high frequency "reflections" that others above mention but with low frequency room resonances. The white foam pads are for reflections...
  8. FauxHall

Show us your bedroom system

Tivoli Music System. Only play CDs as no local stations of interest.
  9. FauxHall

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

No. 76.3, the "Kaiser" second movement, poco adagio, cantabile, brings me to tears from its beauty. Over Harbeth SHL5 Plus.
  10. FauxHall

What tv show are you currently binging?

Waiting for the next episodes to drop.
  11. FauxHall

Replacement counterweights? Are there universal options?

I just taped a couple of quarter coins on the backend of the arm to balance a 15 gram cart on the other end. Looks kludgy but works. Cost? $0.50 USD.
  12. FauxHall

Pics of your listening space

Listening to some relaxing music before bedtime.
  13. FauxHall

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Harbeth SHL5 Plus speakers. Using an ADCOM GFA555 Mk II power amp for a tryout with the Yamaha AS3200 iintegraed as a preamp.
  14. FauxHall

Today's classical playlist

Saw on YT the ClassicsToday guy say this was the reference recording of this piece. Recorded 1973.
  15. FauxHall

DIY Project Proposal - Pseudo LaSallas from Forte parts?

Looks like I'll have to transship the kits via a relative in the US to the UAE. Once I get the swap done I'll offer on Barter for some intrepid speaker builder to have fun with the parts. They can live out my fantasy!
Back
Top Bottom