Recent content by FE3T

1. F

Sansui G5700, No sound, need tech info about possible unusal solution

I was stupid enough too let someone borrow my G5700 for a while, and got it back silent. I suspect that it was hooked up too more than one pair of speakers, and driven hard enough too blow the output stage. Since then it has been stored for some years. I don't think I am able to fix this my...
  2. F

JBL ? Woofer.......

JBL 118H from a L56
  3. F

Speaker question for the Metalheads

JBL XPL 200`s do great with metal (and everything else i have been feeding them) :banana:
  4. F

what JBL speakers came with rubber surrounds?

Your L46 was probably born with foam surrounds. wich rotted and got replaced with butyl later. I do suspect that your woofers now have a tad earlier roll off, and maybe even sligthly less sensitivity than the stock foam surrund woofers I have a pair of JBL XPL 200`s where the midwoofer, a...
  5. F

JBL "square" drivers decor ring source.

Yes, I belive JBL just bougth these in large rolls and cut them in fitting lengths for the LE8T`s, LE10`s and the LE14`s but at some time they ran out and either didn't find the same type or found a cheaper type. Either way it was replaced with that god for nothing s%¤& they sent with my cone...
  6. F

JBL "square" drivers decor ring source.

JBL`s "Square" drivers like LE8T, LE10, and LE14 have a plastic ring glued on top of the surround. At least on the 10" drivers it seems like there are 2 versions of this plastic ring. one are square when looked at from the end, and this is what I got with my C8R111H recone kits. the baskets...
  7. F

Vintage vs. Modern

¨ Nearest Goodwill are probably a continent or two away, so i guess that the postage service are not to be trusted With such fragile goods as women. :nono:
  8. F

Vintage vs. Modern

So there is god women around? personally i find good speakers easier to find.
  9. F

Show your JBLs off

Front row. a pair of XPL 200`s, XPL 140 as center. Rear speakers are a pair of XPL 140A`s
  10. F

Efficient speakers

Aren't the most fuel efficient cars mostly small and have a very narrow power band, or if we count in the electric cars, pretty silent? A loudspeaker equivalent of this would be an extremely peaky bookshelf, but the silent part, doesn't really match up with a efficient speaker. I'm...
  11. F

3/4 inch dust caps where to find some ?

http://reconingspeakers.com should be able to get them for you
  12. F

Spider stiffness grades.

Spiders are usually graded A, B, C, D, E. but i have forgot if these grades go from stiff to soft or the opposite way. Can anyone take the bother to remind me?
  13. F

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1. JBL XPL 200 (in use, shares stereo and HT duty) 2. JBL XPL 140 (in use, have 2 pairs where 3pcs of them are center and rear in my HT) 3. Mission 760i (my first speakers, bougth new for use in a small appartment around 1990, sold to relative 2 years ago))
  14. F

Just purchased the finest example of German automotive engineering

Sorry it didnt work out for you. I bougth my first Mercedes, A 93 320TE in June, and since i am in Norway i did pay far more than you (When wrecking a car here we get minimum 500US, so a car cant really be found for less). The car has leather interiour. Electric drivers seat, passenger...
  15. F

JBL speakers are they really that good?

My experience with JBL`s are far from extensive, i have not even heard a pair of L100 or any other 70`s model. I have listened to a pair of LX66`s wich a friend bougth after he got rid of a pair of Infinity 3 ways with planar tweeters he had earlier , we did both agree that the JBL`s indeed...
Back
Top Bottom