Recent content by feinstei

1. F

MX-119 - Simple way to activate phono input?

You need to hook it to a monitor in order to see what you're doing....Page 33 has instructions on changing the inputs... However, the Aux input on the back of the MX-119, by default, should already be set to be a moving magnet phono input unless someone previously changed it to be a high-level...
  2. F

C2300 Remote

A new and improved McIntosh remote for the C2300 can be purchased from McIntosh Parts in New York. They took the original remotes off the market because customers (including myself) complained that after awhile, the surface of them got sticky and gooey because of the coating. Earlier this...
  3. F

A Fix For the Mac MX-119 "Remote Zone" Problem

Everyone's afraid of them because they lack HDMI.... What people don't realize is that you hook your Blu-Ray player's video to the TV with HDMI and use the 7.1 out from the Blu-Ray player into the MX-119. The sound's better anyway from the 7,1 out's
  4. F

New McIntosh Trade in Program for MVP-901

What would an MVP-901 give me that my MVP-891 doesn't?
  5. F

Warning! MX110 -- POP -- Then No Sound Is Infected With Malware

Probably one of the links or pictures in this article is infected with malware according to the latest version of Malwarebytes. Be very careful about opening this article! If I click on the Page 1 of the article, Malwarebytes puts up it's "dire warning" message about malware and blocks the...
  6. F

McIntosh dealers in 1950-1970

Magnecord were considered top-of-the-line reel-to-reel recorders...
  7. F

MR-55 Tuner - no FM reception

Congrats on fixing the problem!!!! I had the same problem on my Harman Kardon Citation IIIX.
  8. F

Does anybody else have a Mac remote that is a sticky, gooey mess?

You need to call McIntosh parts. They have a newly designed, very rugged and well laid out remote that works on almost all of their 90's and 2000's vintage units. It costs $60.00. I bought two of them, one for my C2300 and one for my MR88 tuner. They are not listed on the "mcintosh site"...
  9. F

Does anybody else have a Mac remote that is a sticky, gooey mess?

Or, for $60, you can call McIntosh Parts and buy a replacement totally-redesigned remote which doesn't suffer from the "sticky" problem. These came out about a month ago and work for most, if not all of the products that suffered from the "sticky remote" problem....
  10. F

MX 119 fried?

I already answered this on the Facebook forum, but for any others who might experience a problem with their MX-119, please look at my fix here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/a-fix-for-the-mac-mx-119-remote-zone-problem.572103/ As twiii correctly stated.... the MX-119 is...
  11. F

Gotten Sick Of Choosing Between Home Theatre and 2 Channel Tube Sound

This is probably audiophile sacrilege but... I've taken my C2300 and MC-275 Mk VI out of my system leaving me with the following setup: Phono system (where I do most of my listening): MT-5 (with MT-10 cartridge installed) -->MP-1100 Vacuum Tube Phono Preamp--> MX-121-> bridged MC-7106->XLS-340...
  12. F

MR 78 with BIC Beambox FM10

I have a Winegard 6065 and they have been out-of-production for many years although you can still buy the black "transformer box" from Winegard. I've called Winegard, begging them to bring it back into production, but they claimed that with the advent of digital TV and radio (which can't really...
  13. F

MT-5 Anti-Skate -- Recommendations From Chuck at McIntosh

Since you have the advantage of living in Germany, you may wish to consider replacing the Sumiko BluPoint 2 cartridge with the MT-10's cartridge which is actually a ClearAudio Talismann 2 Gold (made in Germany and quite reasonably priced over there from German dealers). I replaced mine and it...
  14. F

ok repair or replace mvp871

Please note that this thread is 5 years old... Repairing the MVP-871 may not be as viable an option in 2019....
  15. F

MT2 – Anybody has problems with hum?

Think and give advice on whatever you want.... My HiFi news test record has no buzzes on track 8 (the anti-skate worst torture test) and none of my records has any inner-groove distortion. Grounding to other parts of the chassis etc doesn't do as effective a job as where I'm grounding it.
Back
Top Bottom