Recent content by Fhamre

1. Fhamre

Marantz 1250 Can't Adjust power on the Power supply board

My Kill A Watt meter says 121V. I went back in found H805 and H803 as well as H801 shorted. Along with on open Diode H812. I am testing without the driver boards installed. And using my dbt. Still not right.
  2. Fhamre

Marantz 1250 Can't Adjust power on the Power supply board

I have a nice 1250 I recently acquired. I plan to do a full restore including the power supply caps. Upon testing I found I could set the Idle and Dc offset fine. However I cannot get the 55VDC and -55VDC on the power supply board. Its at 67VDC and -61VDC and won't adjust. Upon inspection of the...
  3. Fhamre

Stuck on an AU 20000

I see you have the variant with the bias mounted on F-2497. The two 20000 I worked on had the bias mounted on the driver boards. I do have a working driver board for your variant. As one of my 20000's came with two different driver boards.
  4. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Ok I looked at schem and had a look at the power supply board. Found that a black ground wire at pin 6 broken off. Appears the pop is gone. Thank you for your patience. I will continue to test and hopefully be putting it all back together shortly.
  5. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

As I recall when I worked on the board I did check R28 the 47K resistor as I read in another post it could be suspect.
  6. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

There is about a 2 second delay before relay engages.
  7. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I only have -8.7V on pin 1. 58V on pin 12.
  8. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

yes
  9. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I got the correct voltages once I replaced the trimmers. VR1 was shot. Still have a small pop on start up and a bigger pop on shut down.
  10. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I went over my work on AWM 071 and opted to replace Q3,4 and 5. Which I didn't originally. Still got a small pop on start up and fairly big pop on shutdown. I opted to take some voltages on the power supply board. I am getting 67V on pin 4 , pin 5 -58.6V, pin 8 57.4V,pin 12 -49V. Pin 4...
  11. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I should have been more clear. I did recap the power supply board ,amp board and protection boards first. I still have to install the two big PS caps. They recently arrived.
  12. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I have just completed recapping and all the pre sections replacing all the problematic transistors along the way. I still have the power supply caps to replace and the protection relay. I note that a previous tech has replaced the power switch, replaced a few caps on the control board and...
  13. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

The protection relay original is a Type MY4S 14 pins total. The other is a Type MS2U 8 pin 48VDC. At this point I just plan to replace the protection relay and while my LY2s would likely work I might as well buy one of these https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/653-MY4DC48(S) In stock and not...
  14. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I finished going through the amp,power supply and protection boards. Replacing all known suspects along the way. Found the time to do the amp adjustments,today. I left it on the DBT to be safe. Adjustments went well. When I went to test for audio I found that the relay would only open...
  15. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I'll likely need some parts to do those boards. I have been using up old stock from the last 9900 I worked on about 10 years ago. Running out of 3503's
Back
Top Bottom