fiddlefye

AK Subscriber, 61, from Windsor, Ontario, Canada (across the river from De

Subscriber
fiddlefye was last seen:
Viewing forum Turntables, Oct 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    1. liemjerry
      liemjerry
      Hello,
      I am interest and will pick Braun PS-500. Can you give little review about this turntable, I saw you have use this turntable. Thank you
      1. fiddlefye likes this.
    2. Victerry
      Victerry
      Hi:
      I have a 1959 Grundig SO-162 in wonderful physical condition. Radio works after it warms up, reception spotty, controls scratchy. Turntable replaced once and doesn't work either. I imagine tubes and caps are old. I don't know if you are an expert but hoping you can help me ID someone who can give this unit the once over. Here's hoping...http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/grundig_stereo_console_so162us_so.html
      1. fiddlefye likes this.
    3. Wimoweh
      Wimoweh
      Hi! I read your comment on Technics SL-D2 turntable and how it worls fine after cleaning the speed adjustment post. I git the same turntable from my friend for free because after a while of usng it starts to slow down. I was wondering if you could tell what is needed for cleaning that post, if I happen to have the same problem. I have never opened a turntable before.

Best regards,
      Emil Forsbom
    4. mfrench
      mfrench
    5. gouldglen
      gouldglen
      Hello, I notice we both reside in good ole Windsor, ON. I wonder if we have met. I am currently a professional musician and of course music lover-audiophile. I look forward to hearing from you.
      Cheers,
      DAvid
    6. Twanx
      Twanx
      I misunderstood which driver in my vandersteens to flip before.... How did you remove the rear firing one? It was glued in and I didn't want to mess with it. Will I need to re-glue? How can I lenthen the wires inside if need be? I don't have a soldering iron
    7. crsrt
      crsrt
      I am located near Windsor, and need help finding a repair person for my receivers and amps etc. , can you help me find a person ?
    8. corbin
      corbin
      Hi,

I noticed your thread on your Accuphase E-202 and as I've been interested in possible replacing my somewhat bright Sansui G-9000 with an E-202, I'm wondering what conclusion you came to regarding the sound of this amp. Did you ever recap it and come away with a sound that you liked?

Thanks,
      corbin
    9. Axcel
      Axcel
      Hello I was pointed your way by a fellow AK member for help with a TT. I have a Harman Kardon T60 that looses a channel when playing but when I touch anywhere on the base of the tone aram around the anti skate the channel comes back. But then I release my finger and whammy the sound goes away. Its been moved in a new house 3-4 times and brought here by care. I have lost the transporation screws though.

Would you have any idea's

Thanks Ed AKA Axcel
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 29, 1955 (Age: 61)
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada (across the river from De
    Violinist

Signature

Current Main-Conrad Johnson PV-12, MV-45/MC 250, Consonance PM1 phono pre, Ariston RD11s/SME 3009/Rek-O-Kut B12H/Fidelity Research FR-24-Denon DCD 1520/CIAudio VDA-2 DAC/VAC-1-Revox A77-Teac C-3RX-Magnum Dynalab/Scott 333b tuners-Reference 3A mm de Capo i