Recent content by finnbow

1. finnbow

What was the last movie you watched?

Finally got around to watching The Irishman, spacing it out in 3 segments over a day. Despite its prodigious length (3.5 hours), I liked it more than I expected to. It did start to drag after the Hoffa hit, but up to that point it impressed - kind of a Goodfellas without the dark humor/snark...
  2. finnbow

local weed growing discussions

I think they must realize that they're losing revenue to those who drive into DC or Maryland to get their whacky tobacky.
  3. finnbow

We started watching Poor Things and only lasted 15 minutes. Too weird to continue.
  4. finnbow

What tv show are you currently binging?

We just started Shogun last night after deciding to punt after the first episode of The Regime. Just the first episode has me convinced that it's going to be really good.
  5. finnbow

We watched the first episode of the dark comedy The Regime on HBO, starring Kate Winslet. I have read good reviews, but I'm not sure we're gonna follow thru on this one.
  6. finnbow

Try Sophie's Choice in which she had an epic performance.
  7. finnbow

My son's fiance had never seen My Cousin Vinny, so we had to fix that unforgivable oversight. It remains funny after about 10 viewings on my part since it was originally released. Next up for her is Raising Arizona, another comedy classic she hasn't seen.
  8. finnbow

What are you drinking now?

9. finnbow

Oppenheimer on Peacock. Having read the book upon which it is based, I marvel how someone can take such a book and re-imagine it for the screen. The screenplay was great as was the acting of Murphy, Downey and Blount. Of course, it didn't fully measure up to the book, but movies rarely, if...
  10. finnbow

Great movie, though given its length perhaps better watched in installments. What a cast.
  11. finnbow

Barbie on HBO Max. We very much enjoyed the first half, but thought it got bogged down in the whole patriarchy theme in the second half. That said, it was a feast for the eyes.
  12. finnbow

Name a movie that affected you deeply

Having lived in Germany for 11 years, it certainly was nothing new to me either. That said, it was one of the only times I left a theater and not a single person was talking to each other.
  13. finnbow

Just started Godfather of Harlem. I think we'll be sticking with this one for a while.
  14. finnbow

Name a movie that affected you deeply

Sophie's Choice and Schindler's List. The audience for both movies left in stunned silence.
  15. finnbow

Yep. Reading the book from the perspective of someone familiar with quality assurance and operational standards for American nuclear facilities was mind-blowing. The lead project manager for the Chernobyl reactor was forced into a posture of frequently just "making do" and "winging it." Just crazy.
Back
Top Bottom