Recent content by fish mojo

1. fish mojo

Craigslist: Portland, OR

Not mine, but here is an incredible lineup of monster receiver powerhouses. https://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/d/eugene-collectable-vintage-monster/7718021910.html
  2. fish mojo

Sansui CD players – yes or no?

While nice to have matching Sansui components, I elected to go with a high end Denon DCD-3520 as my CD player. I doubt the laser is still available, but still running strong today. I really wasn't impressed with the Sansui CDP's, similarly to Sansui turntables. The best Sansui TT's I've seen...
  3. fish mojo

New external surge protection options

I did some back searches about surge protection and most of the threads are older. Technology changes fast with newer and hopefully better equipment. Looking for ways to better protect my powered vintage Sansui audio equipment. Currently, I have probably a 10 year older lower grade surge...
  4. fish mojo

Not mine, but some crazy nice AR3 Speakers on FB PDX Marketplace
  5. fish mojo

I want to give a recommendation for vintage hi-fi equipment service in the PDX area. I'm sure many of you are familiar with Doug at Audio Specialties NE 102nd and Halsey. He's been there a long time. I was getting some minor aging issues with my Sansui G8700-DB receiver. He last cleaned and...
  6. fish mojo

They will be an awkward fit for my Sansui SP5500’s. They have a secondary base built toe kick) on the bottom of the speaker cabinet which is open. I’ll need to cut a plywood bottom to fill in the open base to give it full support. Nothing like adding more weight to a 100 pound speaker
  7. fish mojo

I got em! Gotta be quick. Thanks for the notification Dogwan. I wouldn’t have seen the ad without it. Much appreciated. If for any reason I don’t end up using them, I’ll give you first shot mikehd.
  8. fish mojo

Sansui G8700DB - Relays pull in, no sound

Somebody up there likes me (great boxing movie 1956 with Paul Newman, BTW). I have a G8700DB since new and has been for the most part, flawless. Had it serviced once about 10 years ago by Audio Specialties in Portland. Due for another service even though it still sounds great, other than the...
  9. fish mojo

G-8700DB Bias Issue

Not sure where you’re located. I’m in the Portland Oregon area and have a mint G-8700DB playing you can use to measure baseline data.
  10. fish mojo

Sansui Speakers to match with a 9090

Look no further. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-totl-speakers-sp-5000-and-sp-5500-side-by-side.651939/
  11. fish mojo

Sansui TOTL Speakers SP-5000 and SP-5500 Side By Side?

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-sp-5500-manual.769881/
  12. fish mojo

Sp5500 (nonx)

I have a pair of SP5500’s. Incredible vocal sound reproduction from mine. What are you driving it with and what is the source?
  13. fish mojo

Sansui SP-5500 Speaker Mods: A great speaker... even better???

Any advice on brake fluid treatments for the surrounds? First time I heard about that I was a bit shocked, but it makes sense as long as there is ZERO chance of damage to the surrounding materials. I assume just dab a small amount on a clean rag and gently massage it in? I would be horrified if...
  14. fish mojo

JVC QL-?? owners thread

I’m not that comfortable opening it up. I’ll take it to my local vintage repair shop. We have a good one in Portland. You just need to be patient while he gets around to it. Thanks.
  15. fish mojo

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Yes, I think I’ll take it in to Audio Specialties in Portland. Time for the big G to go in for a cleaning and calibration as well.
Back
Top Bottom