Recent content by Fishleehooke

1. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

Well psych. I bought a MC2300 instead and its en route. After all that time and research and forgetting about then more time and research then being broke then more thinking about, I finally decided on the MC7200, called Audio Classics and it was gone! And no others around. In fact Audio...
  2. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

I just now really kind of turned my attention to it. So I am now gonna be using after all the equipment arrives. Rogue RP5 preamp, into a Pioneer crossover that will be replaced with a Marchand. That goes into 2 MC30s for the tops though I can use to slightly bigger Allen amps if I need a bit...
  3. F

C47 or C34V, with MC452?

Yeah but the meters are so important you said it twice! I just showed my wife a C22 and a c2300 to see which one she liked looks-wise and was surprised when she chose the 2300 because of the meters.
  4. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

Almost exactly my thoughts to start, then I can play from there! I am figuring a c2300 + either a MC2300 or MC2600 or go MC7205, 7200 or MC205. Then perhaps see if any of my tube amps that I already own (2x MC30)mfit in with it that or something like that. Then I can upgrade to a C1100 someday...
  5. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

I guess I'll have to experiment to some degree, just because all the $$ and collecting all the stuff will take time, but I have stuff that should run them until its finished! I definitely am leaning towards getting the tubes in there some way to warm it all up a bit, for lack of better wording.
  6. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

They are meant to be biamped though. There are two inputs on back for the highs and the lows. Those can be bridged together, but they were in fact designed for biamping. I have heard that using a few of the same type of amp sounds best on them though. I guess I will find out eventually one...
  7. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

I really juat thought it would be nice to have the bass controlled by solid state power and the guitars ran by tubes. Like you hear at 90% of rock concerts. Certainly the ones with great tone. The guitars and organs are singing on tubes. I do want to limit how many amps I have though. One big...
  8. F

Jerry Garcia w/ McIntosh MC3500

I can't even imagine keeping all those knobs straight during a show!! I don't think I have ever seen more in a guitar or Bass. Cool! So hippy too!
  9. F

Its just a thing a lot of guitarists say about the doublecut juniors and specials. Plus the singlecuts have a better lead voice from the extra meat on the neck; while the doublecuts seem to want to play powerchords all night . Johnny Thunders was one of the guys known for the doublecut TV...
  10. F

I agree! However, those old TV Yellow doublecut Juniors look so cool; Almost always I prefer a singlecut actually, but especially juniors. Still the doublecut juniors are so punk rock looking.
  11. F

Best bang for the buck question

Now ya done it....you wont know til you try no matter what! :) It actually sounds like a good idea, but I can't answer the question; hopefully someone has an idea.
  12. F

That should be pretty cool and interesting. I'd think the material might tame an amps highs just a little bit, but the Dead usually used JBLs so that wasn't an issue at all. I always loved those tie dyes behind them.
  13. F

The only bad thing about it: Specials are so much better with a one piece wraparound bridge!
  14. F

Yeah dude! Jerry on A TV Special is...is....glorious! Only to be bettered by seeing Jerry holding a TV Yellow Les Paul Junior. And with a Mc!! LOL Awesome in so many ways.
  15. F

McIntosh + JBL 4350

Very very nice!! Not too far off what I have in mind.
Back
Top Bottom