Recent content by Flashback67

1. Flashback67

Vintage 1967 Built In High End Home Hi Fi

It will probably be a couple weeks before I get the time to fettle on my TD124 turntable, but I have started collecting repair and upgrading parts in the meantime. Like an old car, rubber components deteriorate over time, regardless of use. So the attached photo shows some of these components I...
  2. Flashback67

tarior, Good luck with your project, and don’t let slow progress get you down. Voice of experience.
  3. Flashback67

Hello again. It has been over 6 months since my last post, but with nothing to report other than sitting back and enjoying my system, there was no reason. Until yesterday. After a year of waiting, the owner of the vintage audio shop got the Thorens TD124 MKII back from his technician...
  4. Flashback67

Thank you all for the compliments. I can honestly tell you, that there were multiple times on this journey that it seemed there was no end in sight. Comments of encouragement from Audiokarma members helped keep me going. There was also my sister in law poking fun, by saying “Just buy a...
  5. Flashback67

Well, as the saying goes, it’s been a long trip, and the time spent getting there has been as much fun as arriving to the final destination. It may be over month or so before I get the TD-124 turntable. But by all measures this audio project is 99% complete. So for those new people who find...
  6. Flashback67

My Schiit and Reel to Reel have a new home! Finally! Today is my off Friday, and all that was left to complete to get back to playing tunes was installing the electronics, wiring them up, and wailing for Cynthia to finish with her conference calls. The Furman power conditioner comes with two...
  7. Flashback67

Surprise, surprise. Life got in the way, and I did not get the equipment installed last weekend. My wife reminded me we had a family reunion and Easter dinner to go to. I have this Friday off, so I hope to make tunes again this weekend. I did have enough time, however to fabricate my GR...
  8. Flashback67

I’m done! (With the cabinet that is). Just finished the media cabinet shelving unit. My wife Cynthia still doesn’t believe me, but opened a bottle of wine to celebrate anyway. Because of the hiding pocket cabinet doors, shelving unit could only attach at the base and top. Additionally, I...
  9. Flashback67

Time for another monthly update ;-) All the shelving unit boards are now cut and varnished. With any luck, I will get them all final fit and installed this weekend. I had to disconnect and remove all electronics to cut to fit the shelving unit pieces. So the system has been down for about a...
  10. Flashback67

Sorry for not much progress report. I have learned however how to refinish and repair damage to the walnut cabinetry. Originally, the cabinets had some invisible latches, You press the door and they popped open. At some point in their life however they started to jam, so some Butcher decided to...
  11. Flashback67

Happy, healthy, and prosperous 2023! Due to a combination of the US DoD delaying awarding my company a contract, the Christmas holiday break, and FedEx delivering all my new Schiit audio equipment on time, I had both free time and new toys to play with this Christmas. When setting up my new...
  12. Flashback67

Well the door screens are now back in place, and I’ve started touching up the woodwork and repairing damage from 50 years of use. I also installed the new Sony master series OLED TV that I’ve been sitting in an unopened box since I purchased it six months ago. I promised myself I would not...
  13. Flashback67

Thanks Jay, I will be posting some closeup photos after installing the grill doors and touching up the cabinets. Last night my wife and I sat down for dinner in the media room to listen together for the first time. The depth of sound stage and dynamic range blew her away.
  14. Flashback67

SUCCESS!!! Chasing electrical gremlins is always harder when there’s more than one. Turns out there were two issues with the crossover installation. First issue was my fault, and feel stupid about it. I Purchased some high dollar binding posts, and a machined aluminum plate to mount them on...
  15. Flashback67

Thanks kach, Yesterday I finished the build up of the second speaker. However, there appears to be a issue with the crossovers, or L-pads. Today my whole day is committed to volunteering at a high school STEM event. I roped my wife into it also, so my fault for not having time to finish...
Back
Top Bottom