Recent content by Flatwounds

1. Flatwounds

Absolutely

Absolutely
  2. Flatwounds

Another Nashvillian here. Cheers!

Another Nashvillian here. Cheers!
  3. Flatwounds

MX-110 transformer: how hot should it be after several hours of use?

Mine does the same and it is fully updated. Listening to Los Lobos now and it sounds great!
  4. Flatwounds

Your main system - Tubes, Solid State or both?

The volume is adequate for the room but not rock levels. I have since beamed the 910. 2100 bottom and 225 mid/high
  5. Flatwounds

Considering a mono setup and I have questions...

The cosmetics are 9 out of 10. We agreed on a slightly lower price.
  6. Flatwounds

Im on the fence. Seller wants a grand which is a good deal.
  7. Flatwounds

Basically, I'm trying to decide if I can run in mono, if the price is right on these pieces, and then eventually get another mc30 and run in stereo. Kind of a long term project. Thanks everyone for your advice.
  8. Flatwounds

So, it is possible. It just has to be done correctly, electrically to avoid damage. Am I understanding you correctly? Thanks for your advice.
  9. Flatwounds

Thank you. I've got to put my thinking cap on.
  10. Flatwounds

Greetings all! I have been happily enjoying my mc225 and 2100 biamp system but low and behold, an mc30/c8 combo popped up locally. I am considering it. Here are my questions; Can I connect stereo components (stereo reel to reel) to the preamp via y cable - Stereo male rca to male mono? How...
  11. Flatwounds

To bi-amp or not to bi-amp???

I'm glad to see this thread has contributed to a good discussion on biamping. I've been away for a couple of weeks and am just now catching up. I'm listening to the biamped ADS now with a vinyl copy of Mulligan meets monk and it sounds great. Cheers!
  12. Flatwounds

To bi-amp or not to bi-amp???

I am still tweaking. It's at 500 hz now. It really is a very nice improvement. I will probe;y invest in a better crossover at some point. The Ashly is a bit of a weak link, I think. I didn't want to spend too much at first but I am really enjoying the sound and I believe a better crossover would...
Back
Top Bottom