Recent content by fmalloy

1. F

The Klipsch Five's

Interesting. Two different people on that forum complained about vocals/voices/dialogue being buried by the bass and are unclear. Otherwise they said the sound was fantastic. I asked if they tried other sources than ARC and apparently it's not related to ARC, and they seem to be blaming the...
  2. F

The Klipsch Five's

There is a thread on the Klipsch Community Forum where a couple of folks have the Fives and are using them to replace their TV built-in speakers (via HDMI ARC), and are complaining that it is not reproducing voices well; the speech apparently isn't as intelligible as the built-in speakers. Have...
  3. F

Thought Forte III’s were distorting

Best response here! I have a brother-in-law with Meniere's disease, and had some of the symptoms described. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20374910
  4. F

I love my new Cornwalls

I have Heresy IIIs, and would love the Cornwalls. The cost is not an issue. Heck, I'd even go for La Scalas. So why don't I have them? The wife. She even considers the Heresies to be " huge and ugly". To her, the most desirable speakers are those horrid little white Bose cubes. I know, I know...
  5. F

Klipsch and solid state McIntosh amps?

For some reason, I'm now hungry for burgers!
  6. F

NAD moving away from Class AB Amps?

And the C328 Class D "replacement" for the C326BEE has worse distortion and S/N specs.
  7. F

I hardly think that audio amplifier power consumption differences would make a large difference such that we should eliminate Class AB. You must really hate SET amps! Know how much power is used to charge a smartphone? My Nokia lasted a week on one charge. And the environmental impact of mining...
  8. F

Would that mean you're also ok with discontinuing turntables? How about tube amps? An audiophile world of Hypex Class D modules and digital streams would be pretty boring...progress, I suppose...
  9. F

Sure looks like NAD has discontinued the C326BEE. Doesn't seem to be available new on any site. Glad I got mine this year...
  10. F

Apparently this is the case. Their C328 page says "Since moving away from old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages." And, Crutchfield says that the C326BEE Class...
  11. F

Klipsch Heresy I, II, or III looking for opinions

Wow, didn't realize how old this thread is! Crazy!
  12. F

No, you didn't, but repeating it doesn't help your case. Tell you what - you tell me your favorite speaker, and I'll tear it apart, how's that?
  13. F

Kasual Klipsch Enkounters

Yep. Young folks want to open a Google Home/Apple HomePod/Sonos, plop it down and stream to it. They're not even bothered that it's mono, unless you buy two, which people generally don't do. I have Heresys. I'm thankful that I could actually afford Cornwalls, LaScalas, or even K-horns, but the...
  14. F

I do agree with you on all counts - 1) I listen to acoustic bass and not anything electronically synthesized, nor do I listen to pipe organs, and 2) True - I have not listened to speakers that have more bass extension, but I've sure heard plenty of booming boxes that folks consider as having...
  15. F

For those who keep saying the Heresy is bass shy, I just played a CD of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 - Myung-Whun Chung/Seoul Philharmonic on DG and the bass drum hits in the coda of the 3rd movement...wow! I highly recommend this performance and recording. And it sounded great on my IIIs with...
Back
Top Bottom