Recent content by fmcsonoma

1. fmcsonoma

Time for new speakers. Suggestions appreciated.

Time to replace my Klipsch KG4’s That I’m using with my Marantz 2252B. I’m looking for something a little smaller. Doesn’t have to be vintage, affordable would be nice, Any suggestions? Thanks for your suggestions,
  2. fmcsonoma

BBQ Chicken

Here’s a brisket heading into the smoker to celebrate the Niners Sixth Lombardi Sunday.
  3. fmcsonoma

Why such a shortage of Herb Alpert records?

No love for Bobby Goldsboro? I seem to always see his album at garage sales and goodwill. Honey must have been a monster hit.
  4. fmcsonoma

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Going through some of my dad's stuff. He would be 82...never knew he listened to Leonard Cohen. Sounds pretty good on the 5030. Cohen looks a bit like Anthony Bourdain.
  5. fmcsonoma

Anyone doing a garden?

Some Cherokee Purple just plucked, along with a lone San Marzano...it's going to be a good harvest!
  6. fmcsonoma

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Tomatoes from the garden are coming in nicely. Plate full of Early Girls, olive oil and basil & kosher salt.
  7. fmcsonoma

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Picked a mint copy at an estate sale. 70's pop at it's finest. Boz elevated the genre.
  8. fmcsonoma

I'm thinking being the A in A&M records contributed greatly to that number.
  9. fmcsonoma

I discovered my love of whipped cream from Herb.
  10. fmcsonoma

Did somebody say Summer is here!

But it's a dry heat.
  11. fmcsonoma

Inventor of "Hawaiian Pizza" passes

RIP. (As long as he wasn't the guy who served it with ranch dressing) A true abomination.
  12. fmcsonoma

What are you drinking now?

Plenty of water, washing down my pain meds for the new knee. Pretty much the only liquid for the next few weeks
  13. fmcsonoma

DUBS!

Almost is always a loss. No denying James greatness, but the last half of the 4th Q, they just let him have his way in the paint. Trading buckets with a 10 point lead is not a bad strategy when the clock is ticking. Cavs weakness in transition and d was exposed. Wonder where James goes after...
  14. fmcsonoma

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Here's my 2252b with my miracord 46 on top. Industrial design at its finest. I need to get a light replaced, but she sounds sweet.
  15. fmcsonoma

The Quest For The Perfect Hamburger

You ain't whistling Dixie. Grass fed beef is a great story, but one in which flavor is left out. Also need a flat top or a good cast iron pan for the burger. Grills just don't cut it.
Back
Top Bottom