Recent content by foofiebeast

1. F

Harman Kardon hk 100m belt replacement help

Greetings all, Sorry this is such a simple question, but I'm trying to get this done and I think i'm just about there! I picked up an hk 100m a few weeks ago. Great physical shape, but playback auto stops after a few seconds. Opened it up and poked around and eventually figured out the belt...
  2. F

Yamaha CDX-E100 Suddenly Will Only Play One CD

Hi all, I have been using the same Yamaha CDX-E100 for many years now. I probably hadn't used it in about 6-8 months when I sat down today to listen to some CDs. FWIW I live in the US. The first CD (Weezer - Maladroit) I put in wouldn't play- as soon as I put it in I could hear a repeated...
  3. F

Yamaha Natural Sound Set (RX-E100, CDX-E100, KX-E100)

I guess I am trying to understand the benefits of using a large transformer as opposed to a wall-wart transformer. If the only difference is that the larger transformers allow for heavier wattage, in this case it would only be more costly, take up significantly more space, and probably be a...
  4. F

Ah, that was my next question, thank you!!:beerchug: Welp I guess step-up transformer it is! I'll have to do a little research and report back. Far too many of the ones I've seen have scarily high failure rates/1 star reviews. I am adamant about getting this working with my setup, but one...
  5. F

That one looks heavier duty, but this concerns me, "However, this transformer does not change the Hz from 50 to 60 or vice versa. In Europe, it's only 50 Hz, so this transformer can only take down the voltage to 110V but does not increase the cycles to 60 Hz. Likewise in the US, this transformer...
  6. F

I want to be sure I am understanding your suggestion correctly. Are you saying I should run a new power line from my breaker box to where the unit is? If so that is both out of my skillset and difficult to do as the room is detached from the house and the power/cables were run underground before...
  7. F

Ah yes, I suppose that would be relevant information haha. I am in fact in the US. Sorry about the picture blurriness I didn't check it zoomed in, but I see what you mean now. The unit reads: 230 Volts 12 Watts 50 Hz So it sounds like I can use a simple wall plug one like...
  8. F

Hi all! I picked up a Yamaha stereo receiver rx-e100 + cdx-e100 a few years back at a thrift store while on vacation (and have yet to clean off the red paint splatter it came with). I've loved this unit ever since and have been desperately hoping to find the two additional components: the...
  9. Back of Yamaha Natural Sound KX-E100 Cassette Deck

Back of Yamaha Natural Sound KX-E100 Cassette Deck

Back of Yamaha Natural Sound KX-E100 Cassette Deck.
  10. Yamaha Natural Sound System

Yamaha Natural Sound System

3 components of the Yamaha Natural Sound System. Top: KX-E100 Tape Deck Middle: RX-E100 Stereo Receiver Bottom CDX-E100 CD Player
  11. F

Help identify pair os speakers (electrostatic?)

Carver "Amazings" I believe they are.
  12. F

Help identify pair os speakers (electrostatic?)

Hey all, Before taking a knife to the back, I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what these are. I can't find any writing on them anywhere. They were most likely driven by a Carver a500x.
  13. F

Should I buy 'Lancer by Soundcraftsman' Speakers?

Not sure why that is an issue? Seems better to bring back an old thread that covers the same topic than to make a new one that is essentially seeking very similar information. Most forums I have belonged to have tended to prefer that (to keep clutter down if possible), but I guess maybe that...
  14. F

Soundcraftsmen Lancer speakers (_0534 X)

What do you think of them? Sounds like we feel about the same about them (although ours must be a little different due to the slight size differences), definitely not overly powerful, but they put out a nice overall sound I think. (I picked them up for $5, so I'm pretty happy).
  15. F

Soundcraftsmen Lancer speakers (_0534 X)

Here is the basic info from wikipedia about the Soundcraftsmen brand, can anyone put a rough date on these? I can't find much info anywhere about models, unless anyone else has more info?
Back
Top Bottom