Recent content by foxtroot

1. F

Tube phono preamp under $700

Unfortunately, I live in Australia....
  2. F

Cartridges for Thorens TD-166 mk2

I see. So going off what you've just told me, the best option for me is to avoid the OMB series and look for either the Super or the __-E, then upgrade it with a better stylus?
  3. F

The Little Bear T11 looks great. My only gripe with it is that its inputs are at the front of the unit, so that the cables are sticking out and looking a bit messy.
  4. F

Thanks for your reply. I am a little bit confused about the Ortofon OM range. What are the differences between the Super OM range, the OM__-E, and simply the OM__? Also, this is the cheapest listing I can find for the OM10 on eBay in Australia. Is this an OM10, or any one of the other variants...
  5. F

Hi all, I have a Thorens TD-166 mk2 with a TP-11 mk3 arm and a TP-63 wand. I am looking to upgrade my Linn K9 cartridge, and I am looking for some suggestions for a MM cartridge in the $100 range or below. As far as I am aware, the TP-11 mk3 arm has a very low arm mass, so it needs a very high...
  6. F

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a tube phono stage for a MM cart at around $300 - $500. Are there any decent options available at that price? I'm not too keen on doing any DIY as I have never tried anything of the sort before. I also don't mind if it's used gear or new. EDIT: Changed budget...
  7. F

Identifying cartridge and arm?

I bought myself a Thorens TD166 mkii the other day, and I need some help identifying the cartridge and the arm on the turntable. Any help would be much appreciated.
  8. F

ProAc Tablette 10?

Got the chance to pick these up cheap, so I was just wondering if anyone has heard about how good these bookshelf speakers are compared to others in the $1000-1500 range. Thanks.
  9. F

JBL 4430

I found a JBL 4430 in my local area for $3600AUD (around $2600USD). Would this be a good price for these speakers? Images here: https://imgur.com/a/4k8zZdw Also, what questions should I be asking to the seller about the condition of the speakers? E.g. Are the drivers from the original 4430s?
  10. F

Help with vintage JBL speakers?

I found a JBL 4430 in my local area for $3600AUD (around $2600USD). Would this be a good price for these speakers? Images here: https://imgur.com/a/4k8zZdw Also, what questions should I be asking to the seller about the condition of the speakers? E.g. Are the drivers from the original 4430s?
  11. F

Mainly, I'm looking for JBLs in particular because I've heard that they're a solid brand to go for vintage speakers at around my price range ($1000-2000). Also, I'm searching for JBLs because its easier and saves time to search for "JBL" into eBay or a search engine and look for good deals than...
  12. F

Hello :) I'm looking to spend under $2000 for vintage JBL speakers. I'm mainly going to be listening to jazz and rock, and it needs to fill quite a medium sized room about living room size. Does anybody have any recommendations on which ones I should be looking out for?
Back
Top Bottom