Recent content by franclou

1. F

Sansui AU-5900 power light question

Well Pete, this time, I think I repaired it for real ! Thank you again so much for your kindness and your time ! Keep on the good work !
  2. F

It's the connector to the pins on the board. I don't think I forced the probe, but I might have press too hard without knowing it. If I pull a little bit on the red wire while it's connected to the LED, the LED stays on. If I let it go, it goes off, then back on. The new LED and his connectors...
  3. F

Me again ! The red wire on the connector in pin 13 is loose, it's the reason of the LED shutting down. How can I repair this ? Do I have to change the whole connector ? For now, the light is on, sometimes it goes off, I play with the red wire and it comes back on.
  4. F

As I did what you said, the LED went off and on and stayed on while my red probe was on pin 13 ! I think that the red wire on pin 13 was loose and that the probe stabilized it. Now, it's been on for 5 minutes and it did'nt go off ! Keeping my fingers crossed here ! Thank you so, so much Pete...
  5. F

Hey Pete, Yes, I replaced the R601. It seems that the LED goes off when the amplifier is working for a minute or so.
  6. F

I had a 1.8kohms 1 watt at hand, the LED was lit for a minute before shutting down again. I can order a 1.8kohms at 1/2 at Digikey. Can the difference in watts make the difference ? Thank you
  7. F

I'm learning so much stuff, thank you a lot for your patience and kindness Pete ! The anode and the cathode are on the good pins, like I said, the LED goes on then stops after a minute or so. The forward voltage is 2.2V and the forward current value is 20ma. With the calculator (I found the...
  8. F

Pete, I replaced the LED and the connector. The LED will work for about one or two minutes, then it goes off. I'm clueless now. Thanks again.
  9. F

Me again Pete ! I bought a new LED indicator for 35 cents. When I plug it in the connector, it doesn't work. But, if I play with it a little bit, it lights up, then the second I let it go, it goes off. I guess there is something wrong with the connector. When I test this new LED with the...
  10. F

I have no nothing on the LED, OL on both end. However, I have DC voltage on the connector when I take the time to put the meter probes wisely. So, it looks like the LED is bad ? Francois
  11. F

So, if I resume, there is power in the pins 12 and 13 but no current at all in the connector (white box) to the LED. So, I should replace the connector ? Thanks.
  12. F

The DC voltage between the two pins is 38.75 V. Thank you
  13. F

I measured the resistance on R601, I took it out of the board. It's 2.2 ohms. In the connector, it seems I don't have any current at all, machine on or off. I put the red sensor of the multimeter in the red opening of the connector and the black in the white. Newbie here ... it shows I think ...
  14. F

Hey Pete, R601 gives me 2,20 with my multimeter, which I think is fine ? The LED does'nt light at all now after I played with it, is there a way I can replace it ? Thank you very much.
  15. F

Hey Pete ! Thanks a million, gonna look at it this weekend. The connection looks loose though, the LED "legs" are passing through the connector.
Back
Top Bottom