Recent content by Frank Malitz

1. Frank Malitz

Bob Carver 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier

Did Stu say?? Oh yes, Pio, but I cannot remember why! My memory is deteriorating. I'll ask Bobby if I remember next time we talk. In fact, I'll email him now but he's not terribly comfortable with computers or cell-phones! :bigok:He's the perfect absent-minded genius! If I can get my dictation...
  2. Frank Malitz

You may parallel the two channels ending up with somewhere around 150 to 180 watt mono. I can't remember the exact power when paralleled but it does improve the performance. I have a poor memory and since Jordon left, I only have Bob to turn to for these questions and his memory is far worse...
  3. Frank Malitz

Part of the reason is the golden near product which definitely has a detailed high-frequency character. We suggest you drop the bias to around 80 or slightly below if that bothers you.
  4. Frank Malitz

You are correct. Stu told Bob it was the greatest mistake of his career. Stu was forced to use that architecture by Sidney H. Bob prefers the other citation models, along with the tubed Marantz products and in case you didn't know this, the Crimson 275 is a tribute to Frank McIntosh, another of...
  5. Frank Malitz

We've never been able to keep up with the demand--even with the new factory up and running triple production. Now, with the Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and Aston Martin owners club selecting our product to be the only American-made brand to be featured at their 50th anniversary celebration in London...
  6. Frank Malitz

K1, Only the first 40 275s had the sub switch. It was a high pass allowing for a few more watts since frequencies below 40 hz were deemphasized. Turns out all 275s make 90 watts RMS anyway! As I expected, we immediately received communques about ground loops causing hum--common with some systems...
  7. Frank Malitz

The Bob Carver Corporation Status and Update

I really appreciate this. I've been correcting many errors on the website. Thank you.
  8. Frank Malitz

Bob designed the cosmetics himself after designing the actual circuitry. We hired an industrial designer in Europe and I rejected the new design, despite the fact we'd already paid for it. It looked like an Eastern European engineer married a Chinese manufacturer and dragged a magnet through...
  9. Frank Malitz

Thank you for the kind words Kent. That phrase with the best wishes sounds awfully familiar to me. Do you write screenplays?:rflmao: In any case, on that Christmas day in 2015, Bob told me the product would be so reliable that we could give a lifetime warranty. I was thrilled. I told that to...
  10. Frank Malitz

You're very kind. I will definitely relay your best wishes to Bob. He loves the industry.
  11. Frank Malitz

Hello everyone, At the outset, I need to admit that I'm not good at navigating through forums. it took me a while to figure out how to post this update. first a bit of history: On December 25, 2015, Bob Carver and I, Frank Malitz, started a new company simply called, The Bob Carver Company, a...
  12. Frank Malitz

Audioholics on Carver Tube Amps

try this: https://www.bobcarvercorp.com/
  13. Frank Malitz

OK, here's how it works. It's Sunday night so I''l be brief; I have other thjngs pressing. The major cause of tube failure is impurities in the tube. When an impurity hits the wrong surface, an arc appears and at that instant, a plasma occurs, the impurity is vaporized and the tube is healed...
  14. Frank Malitz

Not my website. We do not sell to the public.We are not affiliated with any other company. Frank Malitz CEO The Bob Carver Co.
  15. Frank Malitz

The partnership was stillborn. The products were not made by us and had a fairly high defective rate. We have no defectives. We have no service department-- no need. All the current product since I came on board-- about four years ago-- is handmade in Washington state and is no connection...
Back
Top Bottom