Recent content by Frank Sol

1. Frank Sol

I heard the Most 'Analog Sounding' DAC in my Life

ifi Zen Stream Door Stop :eek: No joke... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QW4VFCF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. Frank Sol

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

3. Frank Sol

Should have my new PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter Friday

7 years later... What goes around comes around New DAC and different TT/Cart from 7yrs ago Denafrips Pontus II 12th and MMF 7.3 / AT ART 9
  4. Frank Sol

I finally got my dream system together. Just Audio interviews me about it

@91rtstealth I just watched the video... Thanks! I truly enjoyed it
  5. Frank Sol

Correct... All sources but when I'm not listening the tuner is playing low I'm Retired :)
  6. Frank Sol

Alvin said burn it in for 7 days straight. Don't power down OK... I have it hooked up sorta convoluted to "burn in" ... Tuner --> PS Audio A/D converter/I2S out --> I2S in Pontus XLR out --> Preamp
  7. Frank Sol

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Denafrips Pontus II 12th (Shipped with the latest FPGA Firmware.)
  8. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

@Danddd Night and Day difference? Of course NOT ! :biggrin: They are no better or worse than my DIY power cables for 20% the cost Nice snug fit which I like... The magnets? I'll leave them on DIY Cables...
  9. Frank Sol

Jimi Hendrix

Jimmy who ?
  10. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

@Bill Ashton All I can see on the cables:
  11. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

Dunno... That's why I added the smirk :cool: But aren't those (in picture) ferrite beads? I don't believe it'll hurt anything... Some retail cable companies use them
  12. Frank Sol

Interesting Tiefenbrun interview, 2006

That was from the ending of the 'Good Old Days' period of audiophilia :beatnik:
  13. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

Remember the 'jellyfish' hospital grade green dot power cables ?? Well... I'm reintroducing 3 of them into my system after being put away for years I'm adding a Ferrite Magnet tho :cool: Schiit Freya+ Pair of Schiit Ageir All three plugged straight into wall outlet Night and Day ...
  14. Frank Sol

Anchorage Alaska :naughty: @onanysunday About AC Cables... Going to be using these with Pontus also https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/power-cable-farce.972276/page-6#post-16274374
  15. Frank Sol

Is there a high end audio Toslink cable?

I've used many over the years... Some were loaners and were expensive I don't believe MOST people will hear a difference between an Amazon Basic vs AudioQuest Carbon (10x more $). Just me :idea:
Back
Top Bottom