Recent content by Fred Jr

1. F

turntable test results

Today I purchased a Sony PS-LX300USB....in my opinion I've heard better tt's, and worse...I'm actually looking for a better quality of sound... this will hold me until the PL10 I want to purchase is ready with the appropriate repairs...in the meantime, this tt is difficultto get going on the...
  2. F

turntable test results

Definitely budget minded as illness has brought my employment to a screeching halt....the music will definitely be a well needed comfort while I try and come back from this illness.... don't like what's on the radio....tired of CDs
  3. F

turntable test results

Thank you for the information... I will definitely ask these questions and purchase the tt... wish I could get it tomorrow... getting impatient to play my albums
  4. F

turntable test results

New update...went to a stereo shop and was ready to buy an immaculate Pioneer PL10, however when I asked to hear the unit it didn't play any music...the owner wiggled the wires behind the receiverand it played somewhat.... I did not purchase the unit today, and the owner said he would repair it...
  5. F

turntable test results

Thank you for your info, very helpful... Receiver is a VSX501 Pioneer.... I want a vintage tt from the 70's, but unfortunately I have to wait for delivery without paying top dollar for overnight....so to kill two birds I went online to best buy to search for tt's I can walk in store and purchase...
  6. F

turntable test results

New question.... I am considering purchasing the Sony pslx300usb....any opinions on this unit... I want to play it through my laptop to make mp3 files of originals, however would also play through receiver....my question is this... when I use the headphone jack on laptop, it sounds like a...
  7. F

turntable test results

Thanks for the information!
  8. F

turntable test results

Yeah Imagine Dragons...plays at 33, only been played once... when I first bought it played on an ion usb tt....sounded ok but kind of hollowey...if that makes any sense.... plasticky I guess....not quiet like the PL10 we had back in late 70s....was hoping the pioneer didn't have the same...
  9. F

turntable test results

Yeah, I wish I could just go somewhere locally to buy one...now I am going to have to wait on Amazon truck again...not fun
  10. F

turntable test results

I need to get my hands on info to do this.... this unit barely had any use before it was disconnected and stored...worked fine before....thank you for your help... I will attempt to track that repair info down!
  11. F

turntable test results

I was suspicious of that, however the thought occurred that possibly the motor that spins the belt may be bad..... Is there any way to verify? I would probably rather buy a good used tt than waste money on this which most say is not very good to begin with...
  12. F

turntable test results

So today my replacement stylus came in today (pioneer pl990)....slid cartridge in, dropped the needle to the vinyl and sounds like Dan Reynolds drank a gallon of Robitussin....it plays s-o---s-l-o-www.........it has been sitting on a shelf for about 15 years....not too happy right now
  13. F

Albums best listened to, start to finish?

From R&B standpoint, Bloodstone Natural High....
  14. F

Albums best listened to, start to finish?

Animals by Pink Floyd.... just to get started...
  15. F

phono upgrades

Yeah, I didn't plan on buying a cartridge until after I obtained a nice to... I was merely reviewing other people's opinions on the various parts available and what their sound characteristics we're like...but like you said, get a tt first then go from there.... I'm not completely new to vinyl...
Back
Top Bottom