Fred Longworth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Fred. I heard of your name when I searched this page's post on fixing a Nakamich ZX-9. I've got one and also a ZX-7. But my ZX-9 plays very slow.. Can you fix it ? Please let me know. I am in San Fracisco, CA.
    Thank you so much. Tom E-mail: fyrtom@yahoo.com
    Hi Fred,

Are you still working? I have a cr 2040 in need of a good tech.

If not can you point me to someone who could help me?

I live in central Oregon.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Fred, do you work on Sansui integrated amps? I have a 1977 Sansui AU 517 I would like to have looked at and recap if necessary. Thanks
    Fred, your name popped up when I was looking through SudioKarma for info about a Scott 342-C. I saw one on eBay for $75, but the seller owes me a fan or. When I started to read your posts, I just had to look at you profile.. Whic... Leads me to a question (lol) do you still repair audio?
    I have a a Sansui G2000 which I love, but the left channel is gone. I checked the fuses and realized that someone had changed the original 4 amp to 10 amp. I completely cleaned the board's top side (I did not remove the board) and checked to make sure that it powered up without blowing any fuses... It did. So....
    Do you have any suggestions? And do you still repair stereo equipment?
    I should note that I might have accidentally had a 4 ohm load on it, which I un
    Detest and is a Sansui killer, at least in the low and mid range units.
    Fred, I found you by doing a search on the ITO MicroAce arm, mine is suddenly sticky, and you answered a similar question back in 2008. I suspect it got bopped on top by kids that were in my music room. I loosened the bearing at the bottom of the plate and that did nothing. So not sure what to do now.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Fred, I am wanting to learn classic audio repair. I don't know how to even go about it as I don't think my college has any classes for anything near what I want to learn. Do you have any suggestions on learning material or classes. Do you know anyone in the northern california area that might teach me if I worked for them. I live in Red Bluff, 2 hours north of Sacramento. Thanks!
    Fred,

As I was using my Sony TC-K677ES and enjoying it tremendously, I thought it would be appropriate to thank you for pointing me in the right direction when the motor died. So, thank-you!
    Hi I am looking for someone to give a once over to a Denon 1035R reciever I bought.I have service manual with parts list and fold out schematics.I do not know if you would be interested. It is something you could take your time with and even enjoy for a while after you were finished. I would obviously pay for shipping to and fro and parts and of course for your time.I currently can not do any of the above even if I had the skills whitch I do not. But I have recently returned from a deployment to Iraq and have some health issues.If you are not interested do you know of any body else here at AK.org that might be?
    Best Regards
    David (the Paintmaster) Gabriel
    I got your name from echo.please let me know if your interested.
    Hey there, in your reply to my thread about my TEAC A-3340S reel you said -"Dust is not the enemy of your machine. Lack of use is.
    The 3340 usually needs a new belt, but nearly always the pinch roller arm assembly is sticky or frozen. This causes the roller to contact the capstan too weakly to run the tape." I have a couple Q's.
    1)With the lack of use, would running the machine help?
    2)Do you mean it needs a new belt for the capstan? Is that also called the main belt?
    3)How can I relieve the pinch roller arm assembly from being sticky and frozen?
    Thnx so much,
    Thomas Wright
    it was like you said it was ... corrosion on the connectors ... cleaned them works good as new thanks for the advice
    hi fred .. at one time i had glenn aka echowars mod a kenwood 700c preamp a few years back.. he just passed me your id . maybe you can help me.. ive had a kenwood kd 650 for a good number of years... it has been in storage and just unboxed it and hooked it up..... the 45 speed work ok ... quartz lock works good .... but on the 33 1/3 speed the doesnt lock and wavers ...orange bar not steady flashes bright then dim ... speed of platter is slowing down then speeding up... can u help ? Bill 704 724 2369
    Fred, Hi, I read a blog posting you replied to at Audio Karma (see link below) concerning the protection relay in the Pioneer SX-850 receiver. I am having the same problem with mine. Sometimes the receiver works fine for hours, and sometimes minutes before the protection relay clicks and the sounds momentarily is cut to the speakers. From your 3 listed possible diagnosis, what range in price would I be looking at to have this repaired. Thanks for your time. John

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:mTzJ96VNJPgJ:www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D74626+sx-850+relay+switch&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Mr. Longworth,

I recently purchased a Concept 11.0 receiver.....Upon inspection, I notice a slight, mid-level tone "hmmm/bzzz" noise produced by the receiver when powered on, even with NO VOLUME and moving all controls to different locations....The noise remains at a constant "slight" level and is only nullified when you switch to another speaker mode.

Any idea what it may be??...I've performed ALL the "checks" available to a novice like me and also investigated within the unit--all with no remedy.

Give me your thoughts and thanks so much!!!

Mike May
    Mr Longworth,...I am Mike (hokietiger on AK). You recently replied to my question concerning a CONCEPT 4.5 receiver....May I ask you a professional question??...I have a Kenwood KR-9050 that is really DIRTY/DUSTY inside the cabinet, especially on the PC boards....What is the best method to clean away dust/grime from the PC Board and the rest of the interior components????....Thank YOU for a reply!!....Hokietiger (email: auvt8487@yahoo.com)
    Hi Fred. I just purchased the Pioneer SX-1980 from Kurtis Pauly. He mentioned your name and that you did all the outstanding work on the unit. I am awaiting the delivery of the unit in the next few days, but he said if I needed any reasurrance as to the quality of the unit, to shoot you a message. Everyone on this forum say's... and I quote "If it was in the hands of Fred, it was in the hands of the master". Do you restore most monster receivers? I am working on re-creating my own "stack" as shown on this link. I would also like to add to my collection the ones in text and not shown. I have a Sansui G9000db. Here is the link: http://www.electricalhobby.com/monsterreceiversite Thanks, Kevin
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom