1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

fredgarvin's Recent Activity

1. fredgarvin liked JAK's post in the thread Chorus I upgrades?.

Yes someone even referenced several on Amazon. Now just getting the measurements right compared to what I see on Amazon. I am just over...

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM
  2. fredgarvin replied to the thread Sometimes words can't describe......(pictures only, no comments)..

[img]

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:47 PM
  3. fredgarvin replied to the thread Chorus I upgrades?.

If you have googled about the port tubes you no doubt have read the MANY reports on how the tubes improve the bass response on the...

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:33 AM
  4. fredgarvin replied to the thread Klipsch RP-160m vs Monitor Audio Bronze 2.

Klipsch horns won me over last year, to my surprise. The Quartets replaced some highly regarded planar hybrids I'd used for several years.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:18 AM
  5. fredgarvin replied to the thread 2018 Audiophiliac Speaker of the Year! Klipsch RP-600M.

I have one size down as my surrounds. I put them on top of my Quartets to compare in the big rig and they sounded really good, but would...

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:16 AM
  6. fredgarvin liked SoCal Sam's post in the thread California Health Insurance Heads Up.

I have a max coverage policy. Good news except my deductible is so high that it is useless. Two years ago, I came down with shingles....

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:54 PM
  7. fredgarvin liked musichal's post in the thread Best Buy to quit selling CDs..

I just wish I could stream better SQ, and without interruptions or digital glitches. Or dodgy interfaces. Or having an interface that...

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:41 PM
  8. fredgarvin replied to the thread Chorus I upgrades?.

One mod that is mentioned a lot is fitting 7" tubes into the ports which increases the bass response. I have no experience myself but...

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:25 AM
  9. fredgarvin replied to the thread Schlit DACs.

The certain website that the besmirchers always reference in attacking Schiit is simply a weaponized site favoring Chinese products....

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:06 PM
  10. fredgarvin liked GordonW's post in the thread Most attractive / Best Looking speakers?.

I'm pretty partial to these. :D [ATTACH] Von Schweikert Ultra 11s. 7 feet tall, 14 drivers per cabinet, 750lbs or so each. Painted in...

ultra_11_munich_2018.jpg Dec 9, 2018 at 5:34 PM
  11. fredgarvin replied to the thread Schlit DACs.

Paid shills on internet audio sites have a long history. Disparaging the competition is a big part of that.

Dec 7, 2018 at 11:19 AM
  12. fredgarvin liked thumper69's post in the thread My first Klipsch- r820f.

Thanks! I really like the looks too, the new feet make them appear sleek, but they are bigger than they look. I think they sound...

Dec 7, 2018 at 11:07 AM