fredgarvin's Recent Activity

1. fredgarvin liked rogerfederer's post in the thread Cornscalas--DC CL $1,200.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/lorton-klipsch-cornwall-cornscala/6846739264.html bet they sound nice! no affil

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM
  2. fredgarvin liked Ross6860's post in the thread Don't skimp on interconnects, they are very important....

Thanks. At least that explanation has some science behind it. I must really be getting senile. Industrial measurement and control...

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:29 AM
  3. fredgarvin replied to the thread Don't skimp on interconnects, they are very important....

The cables that are directional have a grounding scheme employed in the construction of the cable. There is nothing strange about that,...

Mar 21, 2019 at 6:34 PM
  4. fredgarvin liked Decibel_116's post in the thread Any Advice/Words of Wisdom for Renting Out a House?.

If you are going to be that close by, you can manage this yourself. It will be much less expensive for sure. However, you MUST make...

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:21 PM
  5. fredgarvin liked njcanuck's post in the thread Klipsch Chorus I vs Chorus II Comparison.

No, I never did get around to it. Seems I could never find a tube of exactly the right diameter.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:49 PM
  6. fredgarvin replied to the thread Klipsch Chorus I vs Chorus II Comparison.

Did you extend the ports for lower bass?

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM
  7. fredgarvin liked Poultrygeist's post in the thread High Efficiency Corner Speakers for Small Room.

The Horn Shoppe Horns are also small and a great choice. They use the same driver as the Frugal Horns and sell new for a little under a...

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:44 AM
  8. fredgarvin liked darkblue94's post in the thread High Efficiency Corner Speakers for Small Room.

Open baffle speakers really need room to "breathe," small rooms are difficult to produce satisfactory results. A backloaded horn speaker...

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM
  9. fredgarvin replied to the thread What's on top of your speaker - Fun/Bizarre/Weird.

[img]

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM
  10. fredgarvin liked 4-2-7's post in the thread High Fidelity: Decades of Decline.

Yep, it's not because they can't, it's because speaker technology has surpassed the 40s and 50s today. If one doesn't believe this, then...

Mar 18, 2019