fredgarvin's Recent Activity

1. fredgarvin replied to the thread Schiit Multibit back from service.

There is no such company. Plenty of grumpy people though!

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:00 PM
  2. fredgarvin liked Dadbeh's post in the thread Anyone tried / heard the new RME ADI-2 DAC.

I had one for a while. sounded good but if you dont use the EQ and crossfeed features, it is too expensive or in other words, there are...

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:13 PM
  3. fredgarvin liked Darren James's post in the thread My Salute to the West Coast Grand daddy's of Sound.

Yes, but I got no Altec.... This is MY salute, (speakers that I own), and their relationship to each other.... It is certainly not an...

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM
  4. fredgarvin replied to the thread My Salute to the West Coast Grand daddy's of Sound.

As far as the west coast. it was Infinity that was the game changer imo. Nothing against JBL, but those Infinity and Dahlquist just...

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:52 PM
  5. fredgarvin liked motorstereo's post in the thread A great company failing terribly.

I owned an AI 3B in the past and I didn't think the sound was all that special. Coupling that with the those pita dual volume controls...

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:43 PM
  6. fredgarvin posted a new thread.

Schiit Introduces New Modi 3. $99

A nicely improved set of features at a new low price. USB, Toslink and Coaxial connectability, upgraded to the AKM AK4490 chip. Good...

Forum: DACs

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  7. fredgarvin liked Pat B's post in the thread Realistic Nova 9 - recap help.

Update on crossover specs, I picked up an original set of Nova 9 crossovers with original caps and the tweeter cap is only 2uf, mid is...

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:40 AM
  8. fredgarvin liked hnash53's post in the thread What's That Fresh Earthy Smell After a Rain?.

My somewhat educated guess is that the odor is produced by some soil microbes... called Actinomyces... they are filamentous bacteria....

Sep 19, 2018