fredgarvin's Recent Activity

1. fredgarvin replied to the thread Odyssey Amp thread.

I completely agree, Odyssey amps are excellent. It's also nice that he offers the Stratos in the smaller Khartago chassis for those...

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:46 PM
  2. fredgarvin liked cubdog's post in the thread Odyssey Amp thread.

While I'm not arguing with awillia6 opinion of Odyssey amps I would point out his view is a minority one. And, while they may be...

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM
  3. fredgarvin liked Tim64's post in the thread My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables..

I'm in the position to try many different cables on my mid fi system and have had some interesting things things happen as you describe....

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:16 PM
  4. fredgarvin replied to the thread Beryllium in speakers, is it safe?.

[img]

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:40 PM
  5. fredgarvin liked onemug's post in the thread My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables..

In this case, our milage is about the same. I hear those descriptions as well.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  6. fredgarvin liked stish's post in the thread My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables..

I have teflon coated IC's and speaker cables in my system which is exclusively digital sourced. I have a Schitt Gungnir MB DAC, Linn...

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  7. fredgarvin liked 81spirit's post in the thread What Speaker Guy or gal are you out of All the brands that ever existed on the Earth?.

Loyal to no brand but they have to have horns.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM
  8. fredgarvin replied to the thread Looking for bright-sounding, clinical-sounding power amp for my B&W..

Krell perhaps. I do hesitate to call any brand uniformally as bright or warm. There is often differences between models.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:29 PM
  9. fredgarvin liked hifitommy's post in the thread My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables..

"I always wonder who does better brainwashing" call it what you will. if you have a receiver, interconnects make almost no difference...

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM
  10. fredgarvin replied to the thread DAC Image/Stage Differences?.

Dan of ModWright instruments has just announced a mod for the Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital, a DAC which he likes, It will be an external...

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:59 AM
  11. fredgarvin liked RichPA's post in the thread DAC Image/Stage Differences?.

I've had many DACs over the years (currently using a Benchmark DAC2 HGC), and I've found that differences in soundstage are one of the...

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:51 AM
  12. fredgarvin liked savatage1973's post in the thread DAC Image/Stage Differences?.

I agree with the above posts, but mostly so with the importance of the analogue output stage. A DAC performs two functions--converts a...

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:51 AM
  13. fredgarvin replied to the thread SMSL SU-8 DAC.

This is a good example of why I didn't consider the Airist which doesn't ship until Dec. So much good here, a remote, balanced,...

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:43 AM
  14. fredgarvin replied to the thread My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables..

I tried some Mogami 2549 interconnects. They have replaced my Blue jeans LC-1's. Compared to the Mogami wire the Blue Jeans Belden...

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:30 PM